Downtime notice: Server overload

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Downtime notice: Server overload

Postby DatOneGuy » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:14 am

virus_128 wrote:loftar, what i have to do? I lost occults and sling, i putted it in cupboard, but then it disappeared.

Just an FYI, you don't get refunded 'lost' items in crashes. Likewise, you don't have to give back duped items :lol:
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Hi. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
DatOneGuy

Postby Jackard » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:56 am

actually you do have to return duped items, to me. please report to your nearest acquisitions center
“A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.”
Jackard

Postby virus_128 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:59 am

argh, too bad.
@Jackard: i have duped bone arrow :mrgreen:
virus_128

Postby jorb » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:40 pm

Wow. Lots to be said in here, I notice. :)
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Darki » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:50 pm

hey jorb loftar promised to take over ring of pancake and pave it with gold. Make sure he does it :roll:
Darki

Postby Seren_Elder » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:59 pm

also, i'll be selling linen to the people who lost the claims.
W3 - Apolion, Terricieil (old & new), Westedge & Saltmummys other place.
W4 - Quahog
W5 - Yggdrasil (now gone) - New Yggdrasil.
Seren_Elder

Postby Wolfang » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:06 pm

What would one have to do if it were to happen that his character was duped?
sabinati wrote:But Wolfang, it's the mods who are trolls, remember. please have some mercy on this innocent victim of merciless trolling by the moderation team before you make any more ad hominem remarks about him.

Wolfang

Postby Jolaj » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:43 pm

Jolaj wrote:
Chakravanti wrote:I like player triggered ragnaroks. Perhaps a series of conditions might intiate a countdown and another series of conditions could stop, start, reset or entire diffuse the countdown and save the world.

Different conditons would trigger different kinds of apocolypses.

It would almost definitely involve hosting a feast over (or of) the dead bodies of your slain enemies in a worthy Hall.

Most definitely

Anyone else like this? If so I'm gonna put it in the ideas and suggestions forum or one of you can do it I don't give a shit.
Jolaj

Postby abagraba1 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:30 am

Butko wrote:
burgingham wrote:AD has proven that you still can do anything, even several months into the world. A reset should only come with major changes at the current status of the game.

Again somebody is forgeting that you need to own something to be such successfull. And ofc have a bunch of trustworthy ppl around u to help u. I'm 100% sure that A.D. didn't start from 0. But there were probably a lot of ppl that already had some weapons, tools and stuff, even some ppl who owned mine joined.
So you want to say that if now we put in world 10-20 newbs that they can make village stronger or at least even strong as your or A.D.? They won't even find own mine and probably not even good clay, water and soil spot. Most of spots are already taken. Ok even if they find one spot, they still need other stuff to success. The fastest way to success now in game is to have a good stuff to sell: gold, silver, iron, jewelry,... If u have none of this u r 0. U can read this many times big fucking 0, zero, nada, нулю, nič, ling, nolla, null, אפס, rei, cero, sifir, nula... Got that? In current world only chance to get such mine is to find a cave mine very close to entrance on edge of the world but that would at least take 1-2 months. Before those newebs manage to build up enough agi to travel to center to trade that stuff there would be at least 1 more month and 1 month for building all buildings, fields,... So at least 4 months to even be on same boat as big ones are, not as strong as they are. Then you need at least 2 motnhs to raise your quality of crops, food, wood,...
So don't tell me that A.D. was bunch of total newbs if u need at least 4-6 months to make decent village with at least 100+q food. Even if they play 24/7 plants just don't grow so fast. When A.D. formed they already had most of that stuff so that is why they have grownso fast. And what makes them even stronger? Mnopol over silver and gold in their region. I bet u will hardly find a village or player that still owns silver or gold mine to sell stuff and had nothing to do with A.D.

So plz don't bullshit that u can do anything after few months when world starts. You cannot if u already don't have something to build on. Going from zero when basicaly all resources are already taken and when you need to grind 2 hours to get a simple chest of fucking cast iron q10 in not a way to do it. Trust me. Been there done that.

Ok I must seriously call bullshit on that. I started off as a lone newbie in the woods. I found a random log cabin with pumkins out fron and thats where I founded Lost Caverns. We had nothing. No mine, no metal. All we had was a small q20 deposit of clay, pumpkins, and our namesake, a tiny cavern. Did that stop us from doing anything? No. I invited a friend and the two of us built up a village based on trade and goodwill. We never had gold, silver or jewelry. Like Rozn said, do something yourself and actually try to build up a name for yourself. Now we have access to all sorts of mines of all types. Its not about becoming the most powerful you can become in 2 weeks of play. This game is about building and creating something. Society, civilization, a whole new world. If everyone had metal, and everyone had gold, and everyone had q1000 thanes with q 100 dragon helms and q130 steel plates, where would the fun be? You would have no goals, or anything to do at all.

Sorry for bringing this discussion up again. I jsut had to say this.

Edit: Also jorb, can I had my wolf cape nao?
abagraba1

Postby aso11 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:07 am

abagraba1 wrote:
Butko wrote:
burgingham wrote:AD has proven that you still can do anything, even several months into the world. A reset should only come with major changes at the current status of the game.

Again somebody is forgeting that you need to own something to be such successfull. And ofc have a bunch of trustworthy ppl around u to help u. I'm 100% sure that A.D. didn't start from 0. But there were probably a lot of ppl that already had some weapons, tools and stuff, even some ppl who owned mine joined.
So you want to say that if now we put in world 10-20 newbs that they can make village stronger or at least even strong as your or A.D.? They won't even find own mine and probably not even good clay, water and soil spot. Most of spots are already taken. Ok even if they find one spot, they still need other stuff to success. The fastest way to success now in game is to have a good stuff to sell: gold, silver, iron, jewelry,... If u have none of this u r 0. U can read this many times big fucking 0, zero, nada, нулю, nič, ling, nolla, null, אפס, rei, cero, sifir, nula... Got that? In current world only chance to get such mine is to find a cave mine very close to entrance on edge of the world but that would at least take 1-2 months. Before those newebs manage to build up enough agi to travel to center to trade that stuff there would be at least 1 more month and 1 month for building all buildings, fields,... So at least 4 months to even be on same boat as big ones are, not as strong as they are. Then you need at least 2 motnhs to raise your quality of crops, food, wood,...
So don't tell me that A.D. was bunch of total newbs if u need at least 4-6 months to make decent village with at least 100+q food. Even if they play 24/7 plants just don't grow so fast. When A.D. formed they already had most of that stuff so that is why they have grownso fast. And what makes them even stronger? Mnopol over silver and gold in their region. I bet u will hardly find a village or player that still owns silver or gold mine to sell stuff and had nothing to do with A.D.

So plz don't bullshit that u can do anything after few months when world starts. You cannot if u already don't have something to build on. Going from zero when basicaly all resources are already taken and when you need to grind 2 hours to get a simple chest of fucking cast iron q10 in not a way to do it. Trust me. Been there done that.

Ok I must seriously call bullshit on that. I started off as a lone newbie in the woods. I found a random log cabin with pumkins out fron and thats where I founded Lost Caverns. We had nothing. No mine, no metal. All we had was a small q20 deposit of clay, pumpkins, and our namesake, a tiny cavern. Did that stop us from doing anything? No. I invited a friend and the two of us built up a village based on trade and goodwill. We never had gold, silver or jewelry. Like Rozn said, do something yourself and actually try to build up a name for yourself. Now we have access to all sorts of mines of all types. Its not about becoming the most powerful you can become in 2 weeks of play. This game is about building and creating something. Society, civilization, a whole new world. If everyone had metal, and everyone had gold, and everyone had q1000 thanes with q 100 dragon helms and q130 steel plates, where would the fun be? You would have no goals, or anything to do at all.

Sorry for bringing this discussion up again. I jsut had to say this.

Edit: Also jorb, can I had my wolf cape nao?

Again, me and Abagraba founded the Lost Caverns with the above things. You serious? You realize that while we may have started a while back, we have all the stuff we have today because we didn't whine like a little bitch and actually worked, traded and made friends with people. If you think you can't be Sodom good, then off with ye' you don't deserve metal or a mine or "fancy good stuff". Hell, I'm not "sodom good" either, but who cares. This is Haven and Hearth, you play to have fun and accomplish goals, however stupidly long they may be *cough* highway *cough*
"Normal" is only a difficulty level in video games - Aso11
Jackard: Koya only raises the lynx so he can molest it later
Koya: What means "molest" ? Translator cannot translate it or do it with no logics...
"And no im not native to english, I was born in the usa." - A very bad troll.
aso11

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements