Game Development: World 4

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: World 4

Postby Gedrean » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:43 am

Lucumo wrote:Is fighting on boats any useful? Some Russian kid chased me today for like one hour and then decided to just give up. Was pretty much a waste of time but had he ever a realistic chance to kill me? Didn't look that way to me but I'm a newbie, so I wouldn't know.

Melee combat cannot happen between boats that I'm aware of, but they can, if given enough time, ranged attack you -- Perhaps if they pull up right next to you they might be able to melee or unarmed you... As long as you kept moving, you were fine.
Zampfeo wrote:(On the topic of Open Spaces in W4)
You won't be saying that in a week or two when you realize how many abandoned homes there are. A 30 second boat ride south of my village literally bring you to the ghetto. There's abandoned claims everywhere with the occasional newb taking things and raiders patrolling. It reminds me of Detroit.
Gedrean

Postby Onionfighter » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:09 am

They can also destroy your boat while you sit in it.
Cheerleader
Onionfighter

Postby burgingham » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:47 am

Pro fighting style is stil to get out of your own boat, swim, hop into the other persons one and kill them there.
burgingham

Postby Tacheron » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:33 pm

Which works well only if the person is dumb enough to stay put and let you climb into the boat :D

We had plenty of swimmers come the judgement day in world 3 and still it was QUITE difficult to get into the boat of a naked alt driving round Nople...fun time :)
This is not a test of power
This is not a game to be lost or won
Let justice be done
Tacheron

Postby kLauE » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:01 pm

burgingham wrote:Pro fighting style is stil to get out of your own boat, swim, hop into the other persons one and kill them there.

and the best way to counter is to steal his boat and block him to let him drown :lol:
kLauE

Postby burgingham » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:14 pm

Meh you could have blocked me off half an hour in world 3 and I would still have been a happy swimmer. 930 con ftw :P
burgingham

Postby Grog » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:34 pm

oO
Favourite thread: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3388
Grog

Postby cgbnab » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:12 am

burgingham wrote:Meh you could have blocked me off half an hour in world 3 and I would still have been a happy swimmer. 930 con ftw :P

For a second I thought you were talking about this world...
burgingham wrote:More ways to get raped are always good.

On an unrelated note, I am a proud member of the Church of Sabinate. Gib monies and don't get repotted!
cgbnab

Postby Dataslycer » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:20 am

I was able to hit 1k con in W3 during that time. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to verify if I can stay still in the water indefinitely though.
If you keep focusing on the shadow behind, you will not see the light in front of you.

Being successful isn't just about hard work and succeeding, it is also about picking yourself up when you fail.
Dataslycer

Postby GreenScape » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:43 pm

wow! mine support radius was extended.
I hate you! Yes, you!
How does it matter when you die? Today? In hundred years? What will be left of you after millenia?
GreenScape

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements