Game Development: Salem & Haven

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Salem & Haven

Postby Gotrek64 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:18 am

is it sad to say i'd actually be willing to play salem just for the 3d version of H&H
burgingham wrote:Gotrek did a shitton of work there to supply people with farm stuff etc. You murder him despite knowing who he was. Why not assasinate the 2 people who insulted you and then get out? It would have proven your point much better and also proven you really do understand how to fight people and not only how to slaughter helpless sheep.
Gotrek64

Postby sabinati » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:20 am

how is that sad?
sabinati

Postby vikingdragons » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:24 am

sounds like it might be good. i'll defientitly be keeping an eye on it.

hmm...colonial, huh? caravans moving from city to city, with rifle-and-bayonet gaurds tagging along, a group of armed militia laying in wait, a short but bloody battle...i like it, i like it alot!
"A word to the wise ain't necessary. It's the stupid ones that need the advice." -Bill Cosby
vikingdragons

Postby Gotrek64 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:27 am

love the enviroment graphics just something about that charactors bothers me can't put my finger on it though...
burgingham wrote:Gotrek did a shitton of work there to supply people with farm stuff etc. You murder him despite knowing who he was. Why not assasinate the 2 people who insulted you and then get out? It would have proven your point much better and also proven you really do understand how to fight people and not only how to slaughter helpless sheep.
Gotrek64

Postby wickerman_156 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:28 am

Gotrek64 wrote:love the enviroment graphics just something about that charactors bothers me can't put my finger on it though...

They're chibi.
von Wurstone
wickerman_156

Postby Gotrek64 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:42 am

wickerman_156 wrote:
Gotrek64 wrote:love the enviroment graphics just something about that charactors bothers me can't put my finger on it though...

They're chibi.

no i'd have to say i just don't like how the eyes and the mouth looks on the right charactor rest looks fine but not my place to complain anyways...
Gotrek64

Postby Shadowstar009 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:42 am

Congratulations Jorb and Loftar! It must feel great to get some well deserved recognition, and I can't wait to see what you guys come up with now that you've got a bigger resource pool to draw from. Go ahead and sign me up for the beta test! :P (when it's time, of course)
Shadowstar009

Postby halloween » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:44 am

CONGRATS guys....definitely can't wait eighter like everyone else..looks like it will be alot of fun..

And guns oh guns please say it has them..been wanting them for a while..makes it alot more interesting to say the lest..

and 3d graphics also..what more could you ask for in a game..
halloween

Postby Avu » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:47 am

Fucking 3D whores.
"Since all men count themselves righteous, and since
no righteous man raises his hand against the innocent,
a man need only strike another to make him evil."
Avu

Postby Brian » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:49 am

So, if i understand correctly, developer is willing to finance it while J&L doing most of the project, and H&H development will be back on track, at the very least schedule-wise, after the project is finished. Even considering that h&h is "an alpha" for about 2 years now, i guess that can be blamed on trying new game mechanics ideas to make a game that was never made before, it's pretty darn hard to make a game, of that complexity, with only two people supervising the process, not to mention if said two people actually work on most of the stuff, if that is the case. So eta of Salem project possibly can't be below 2-3 years if we include 3d graphics. Plus obvious migrations of a player base.

What i'm saying is - should i trust Jorb's op post or start mourning the inevitable death of beloved h&h right now?

P.S. But congrats anyway, Loftar and Jorb, i'm glad awesome job you guys doing didn't go unnoticed.
Brian

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements