Input Wanted: Civilization

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Input Wanted: Civilization

Postby Artemis0 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:17 am

jorb wrote:
Cajoes wrote:the sunken city of R'lyeh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxScTbIUvoA
Artemis0

Postby theTrav » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:23 am

Delamore wrote:
theTrav wrote:I understand and somewhat agree with the sentiment, however from a realism perspective I'm pretty sure life at some altitudes has an easier time of it than life at other altitudes due to things like temperature, air density, and presence of delicious magma...

"Realism?" Yeah because the type of creatures that are getting added to the game should be bound by realism, make sure that dragon has enough oxygen ontop of his mountain someone might lose a tiny bit of immersion just thinking of it.

Come on Del, you're smarter than that, I'm not arguing for over the top realism, you can still have your dragon.
I'm just saying that a lot of what makes the game fun for me is the attempts to mimic a lot of real life ideals while breaking reality in some deliberate and fun ways. Playing a thorough sim of dark ages eastern europe would be no fun, but neither would be fighting dgorbles in the qwartsy region of a blorg like fpah either.
theTrav

Postby jorb » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:22 pm

Artemis0 wrote:
jorb wrote:
Cajoes wrote:the sunken city of R'lyeh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxScTbIUvoA

:)
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Previous

Return to Announcements