Input Wanted: Civilization

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Input Wanted: Civilization

Postby ShadowAtlan » Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:45 pm

A bigger one, such as a credo. I know you get benefits from planting trees, but that still doesn't influence anyone to go repopulate the forest does it?
ShadowAtlan

Postby Luxar » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:45 pm

A credo for a forester or something would be great, they could be the only people to be able to speak to / use the ents, trees planted by them could grow faster too
Luxar

Postby sabinati » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:10 pm

yeah that would be pretty cool. like a druid or something
sabinati

Postby Machenoid » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:10 pm

Jackard wrote:What values would you give constructions ... 1-2 civ points for a segment in good repair?

At their base civ value? 0 (zero)
For everything except hearth fires, claims, and village influence related things... But even then, it would depend on wether the owner was logged in or not, and how close they were to it, what kind of job they were doing, and when was the last time they did that job or were in that location and when they were logged on.
Also, it wouldn't matter if there were 1 or 100 people in an area, a building would always decay at the exact same rate. The only thing that should make buildings decay more slowly? Someone comes along, and physically repairs it.

If anyone is confused about this or my post before this one, here's a tl;dr version:
Civ rating only influences creatures. Possibly happyness when it gets implemented... But not decay, not repairs, and certainly not crafting quality.
The Dwarf is making a plaintive gesture. He doesn't really care about anything any more.
Machenoid

Postby Jackard » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:58 pm

yeah the crafting quality tied to civ thing instead of skill/workshop/materials sounds really kind of annoying and arbitrary
Jackard

Postby PhaedrothSP » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:18 pm

I don't really like the idea of crafting quality and decay being connected to the Civ level.
What if a group of players wanted to start a town further away from the current civilization?
With the infinite map it just doesn't seem like a good idea to force civilization into the center of the game just for quality of items.

You could have random spots of low level around the place a lot further out maybe, but that would kind of throw everything off.
PhaedrothSP

Postby Jackard » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:37 pm

PhaedrothSP wrote:I don't really like the idea of crafting quality and decay being connected to the Civ level.
What if a group of players wanted to start a town further away from the current civilization?

The village of Sanctuary shows that is still possible.

http://www.seatribe.se/roligabilder/test-map.png <--- its the green spot on the western edge of the map
Jackard

Postby PhaedrothSP » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:53 pm

My currently unestablished village is almost doing the same. But then I'm just gonna guess actually founding the village would make the civ level lower

I'd still prefer to see the decay/quality thing tied to what materials were used making the object though.
Sort of how the saw is better than the bone saw, that kind of thing.
PhaedrothSP

Postby Golbez » Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:07 pm

Jackard wrote:
PhaedrothSP wrote:I don't really like the idea of crafting quality and decay being connected to the Civ level.

The village of Sanctuary shows that is still possible.

http://www.seatribe.se/roligabilder/test-map.png <--- its the green spot on the western edge of the map

Literally everyone in Sanctuary has been inactive for about a month now though, so that's another problem. Oh, anyone can go in and take whatever. We don't really care.
Golbez

Postby Jackard » Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:11 pm

i got stuck in your house mine first time i went there
Jackard

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements