Input Wanted: Civilization

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Input Wanted: Civilization

Postby Golbez » Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:13 pm

Jackard wrote:i got stuck in your house mine first time i went there

Hah, yeah, that's a bit messed up. We placed it badly and now it doesn't work... Except for kicking thieves out in a fun way ;)
Golbez

Postby Kraden » Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:43 pm

Golbez wrote:
Jackard wrote:i got stuck in your house mine first time i went there

Hah, yeah, that's a bit messed up. We placed it badly and now it doesn't work... Except for kicking thieves out in a fun way ;)

Did we ever find a thief in there? I just remember that I kept getting stuck. All the bloody time.
Kraden

Postby g1real » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:41 pm

Just an idea, with the new map can't you make higher elevation have higher creeps, so living near the ocean is easymode and living near a small mountainriver is hardcore?
loftar: The inner chaos of the Jorbian mind is hard to conceal. :)
jorb: It's called creative license. You know, that thing you seem to want to apply to logic, grammar and coherence? :)
g1real

Postby Delamore » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:37 am

g1real wrote:Just an idea, with the new map can't you make higher elevation have higher creeps, so living near the ocean is easymode and living near a small mountainriver is hardcore?

The game does not know what height is.
Delamore

Postby Cajoes » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:45 am

Delamore wrote:
g1real wrote:Just an idea, with the new map can't you make higher elevation have higher creeps, so living near the ocean is easymode and living near a small mountainriver is hardcore?

The game does not know what height is.

I'm against this because it makes little sense to have difficulty scaled up according to Z level increments.

Life should be equally difficult, regardless of elevation. Be it death from mountain dwelling ogres, forest bears, obnoxious giant enemy crabs, sea monsters that swallows ships whole, or the sunken city of R'lyeh.
Cajoes

Postby jorb » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:46 am

Cajoes wrote:the sunken city of R'lyeh.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby dasneik » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:07 am

Cajoes wrote:Life should be equally difficult, regardless of elevation. Be it death from mountain dwelling ogres, forest bears, obnoxious giant enemy crabs, sea monsters that swallows ships whole, or the sunken city of R'lyeh.

Well, we have our ever-reliable griefers, thieves and player killers for the all-around difficulty.
dasneik

Postby theTrav » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:28 am

Delamore wrote:The game does not know what height is.

It probably wouldn't be too hard for loftar to start keeping track of elevation, even if he doesn't use it for anything immediately

Cajoes wrote:Life should be equally difficult, regardless of elevation.

I understand and somewhat agree with the sentiment, however from a realism perspective I'm pretty sure life at some altitudes has an easier time of it than life at other altitudes due to things like temperature, air density, and presence of delicious magma...
theTrav

Postby Delamore » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:54 pm

theTrav wrote:I understand and somewhat agree with the sentiment, however from a realism perspective I'm pretty sure life at some altitudes has an easier time of it than life at other altitudes due to things like temperature, air density, and presence of delicious magma...

"Realism?" Yeah because the type of creatures that are getting added to the game should be bound by realism, make sure that dragon has enough oxygen ontop of his mountain someone might lose a tiny bit of immersion just thinking of it.
Delamore

Postby Jackard » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:12 pm

theTrav wrote:I understand and somewhat agree with the sentiment, however from a realism perspective I'm pretty sure life at some altitudes has an easier time of it than life at other altitudes due to things like temperature, air density, and presence of delicious magma...

"give me more REALISM in my FANTASY GAME"

idiot
Jackard

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements