Game Development: World 5

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: World 5

Postby OvShit » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:14 am

dra6o0n wrote:I don't see the popularity of this game lasting very long with the current system in place...

Removal of the normal LP gain crippled everyone, including bots, and adding a curiosity system to replace it, gave everyone prosthetic arms and legs.
Too bad bots are automated like roBOTs so they can handle it without pain or stress.

Those that said that the devs made World 5 and didn't do it to eliminate bots are half wrong.
They did it to eliminate the bots and reset the power of the factions in the game (if they even can be called a faction), whilst adding a 'interesting' replacement, being hopeful it will at least stand up on it's own (prosthetic legs).

This is why you can't make most furnitures like tables and chair, on most surfaces, to stop botters from grinding them as a second option. I'm guessing you'll need to be inside a house to do that, but then bots would only need to change it's location, which isn't a big deal.

Lastly, needing to discover materials and getting LP out of it is a interesting thing, but after a while, it slows and stops, making you unable to grow or learn new things to progress. This means that if you aren't used to relying on studying curiosities, you will NEVER grow your character.

OvShit wrote:Can think about one obvious fix:
make curiosities give LP every minute instead of giving a bunch of LP after an period of time. This way it`d be way easier to play.

Bots only need to have a single person knowing a majority of stuff, and craft curiosities and give em all to bots to hold, basically, a advanced village can craft curiosity as a "LP token" and hoard it all to alts without risking them at all.

Can`t see how that crosses with my post.
OvShit

Postby amatsudf » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:15 am

This new system will be the death of this game one way or the other.
amatsudf

Postby Jiochan » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:16 am

Personally the new system is way better and fits my playstyle. All you guys need to stop whining, it's not about the LP it's about the game itself and the fun of survival.
Jiochan

Postby TOEEE » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:17 am

WILL this world last longer then World 4 cause i dont want to spend so much time getting my skills up and what not to find out i wasted it even more then i did in world FOur.
TOEEE

Postby Jackard » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:18 am

if it gets rid of some of the whiners that joined during world three and four, good riddance

these forums have become increasingly obnoxious of late. you will not be missed
Jackard

Postby novaalpha » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:20 am

> wake up
> see this
> :D :D :D :D :D
novaalpha

Postby FatBob » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:22 am

The curiosity system is almost like a bot ... giving lp when doing nothing ... only less lp lol
Stop raging because u didnt got your 50k lp in one hour .. -.-
cgbnab wrote:Last time I died I got a few seconds to stare at my corpse and watch NaoWhut call me a "bosha".
FatBob

Postby bmjclark » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:24 am

I really dont understand why this had to happen...the solution to stopping botting was not making the game insanely slow for everyone. Should of made LP gains from simple tasks have diminishing returns or something, not made this game just like a facebook game.
Cajoes wrote:I was the murder victim your guy aggro'd. And slew. Entirely unprovoked. Rather handily at that. Which prompted the retaliatory party. That you also handily slew.
bmjclark

Postby toromeister » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:25 am

No one is here to whine. That's a Haven and Hearth forum. If we're using it to discuss about Haven and Hearth, we're certainly doing it right.
toromeister

Postby Sarchi » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:26 am

FatBob wrote:The curiosity system is almost like a bot ... giving lp when doing nothing ... only less lp lol
Stop raging because u didnt got your 50k lp in one hour .. -.-

People actually used to make about 150k LP/hour mining.
Sarchi

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements