Game Development: World 5

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: World 5

Postby Peloquinn » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:48 am

Rhiannon wrote:
Highneon wrote:FOR ALL OF YOU OUT THERE WHO DO NOT APPROVE OF THE NEW LP SYSTEM:

simply stop playing. if jorb and loftar see the population plumit then they will take it back. no need to troll because that will only hurt people's feelings.

Oh shut the fuck up. I'm so sick of seeing this ONE simple line in every fucking game over the whole fucking internet whenever any fucking person makes a negative comment about any fucking game. "ooo just leave then"..OOOOO cry cry moreeeee bunch of sissy ass lame unimaginative pricks. Well here's another "cry" for ya beeboo babyshoes.

jeez it is kinda like a facebook game now..lol Which is pretty sad. SO , 2 hours and no rabbit or chicken so no bone = no saw = ect. You get no LP for building things and a small tad the first time you craft something or see something. So if the same parameters for stats apply (such as required explor to see www and os forth) exactly how is Lp suppose be earned once you've touched everything and crafted everythigng once? which so far = maybe enough lp to get half the skills and doesnt even count upping your stats. Though interesting concept..the lack of lp = pretty brilliant fail so far. A cheesy facebook easter egg game seems more "accomplishment" oriented so far.

Not sure I agree with your methods, but you've definitely got the right spirit! This is a forum, which by very definition (online discussion site) requires more than one point of view to operate properly. Rage if you need to, bitch if you need to, tell everyone that the new system is perfect if you need to, but by all means offer up an opinion or be cast aside!

-Peloquinn
Peloquinn

Postby DatOneGuy » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:49 am

Curiosities.

You are correct, the game has become rather Farmville in that regards, you are restricted by time. Is this no different than what botting did?

I do not agree with at all the ability to ONLY gain LP from curiosites, I hate it frankly. However, I believe it's better than a world full of nothing but botting where wbotters get ahead all the time because they essentially (just like curiosities) find the best thing and just repeatedly do it. The difference is:
A)Having to keep your computer on
B)Having to keep your client open
C)Having to deal with bawww botting bullshit

The solution to botting isn't to ban botters, that never works, the solution is to design a game where botting is not necessary or doesn't allow you to gain anything. They've essentially done that FOR NOW (there are instances even now where botting is better than not doing so) HOWEVER, it's mainly gone as a problem, so now the problem would be how do you make THIS, what we have now, fun.

I look forward to what happens, I hope W5 doesn't last long before they start changing more stuff and experimenting more ,but with Salem coming along it's to be expected that HnH won't get as much love, so whatever.

If you really want a 'great' HnH best bet is probably to come back in a year, it's in alpha so who knows what will change, playing w3 I didn't expect what I see now in W5, that's for sure.

Highneon wrote:FOR ALL OF YOU OUT THERE WHO DO NOT APPROVE OF THE NEW LP SYSTEM:

simply stop playing. if jorb and loftar see the population plumit then they will take it back. no need to troll because that will only hurt people's feelings.

You have no idea whether that will happen or not. If you look at numbers W4 would be way more successful than W3, but W4 still sucks shit and it's still gone, and I'm still happy as fuck, and even if W5 has way worse numbers in players, I doubt it'll go back to w4, curiosities were probably going to be implemented one way or another, they were thought up before w4 anyway
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Hi. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
DatOneGuy

Postby Bastendorf » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:51 am

OK, I've only been playing for two days, and, you guessed it, I'm done. When I signed up yesterday, the game was brilliant, and I was getting places. Just a few points away from being able to build a boat, had just finished finally making my fishing rod and a bone saw, my brother and I were putting together a house. Just today I got up to start laying down stone, I was really making use of my axe and saw, he was about to start planting grapes, and we were thinking about visiting our neighbors once the both of us could safely cross the river. It was great. We had our goals, we had our accomplishments, we were having fun, and I was just a few short moments from recommending the game to my buddies. Then, the server goes down. No big deal, games go down for maintenance all the time.
But no, this was no maintenance, it was the end to one of the best games I've ever played. While reading through the forums, I learned of the erasures that tend to happen far too frequently, and prepared to have to start over. The server went up, and we hopped on right away, eager to get some footing. The first thing we didn't like, no bread, and no fishing rod to start with. Five minutes into the new game, we ended up frantically scouring the land for food, only to find we were on a huge island with no freakin' fruits or nuts! So what did we do? We starved to death because there wasn't anything to eat. I'm beginning to wonder how many people actually did starve already. After making yet another set of characters, we ended up near a small supply of food, but by then it was too late. The LP system is far too different and far too scarce.
We've both stopped. I'll admit we're both guilty of being the kind of player who would make baskets to boost LP, but we never used bots for it, and we cleaned them up after we were done. In fact, we cleaned up other people's unfinished projects and stuff as well.

I can't continue playing this way. We went from doing so good, to both suffering and dying. You gave up our faith in the game when you gave up world four. That's where our Hearths will always be. Until world four comes back, we aren't coming back. Say what you want about us, but the game we were enjoying immensely, yesterday, isn't here any more.
Bastendorf

Postby Highneon » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:53 am

Rhiannon wrote:

Oh shut the fuck up. I'm so sick of seeing this ONE simple line in every fucking game over the whole fucking internet whenever any fucking person makes a negative comment about any fucking game. "ooo just leave then"..OOOOO cry cry moreeeee bunch of sissy ass lame unimaginative pricks. Well here's another "cry" for ya beeboo babyshoes.

jeez it is kinda like a facebook game now..lol Which is pretty sad. SO , 2 hours and no rabbit or chicken so no bone = no saw = ect. You get no LP for building things and a small tad the first time you craft something or see something. So if the same parameters for stats apply (such as required explor to see www and os forth) exactly how is Lp suppose be earned once you've touched everything and crafted everythigng once? which so far = maybe enough lp to get half the skills and doesnt even count upping your stats. Though interesting concept..the lack of lp = pretty brilliant fail so far. A cheesy facebook easter egg game seems more "accomplishment" oriented so far.

fyi I hate the new lp system. thank you for your support XDDD
World 5 Bottleneck!
Highneon

Postby DatOneGuy » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:54 am

Going to suggest you come back after a while, just check in a few months or something Bastendorf.

The game is in alpha despite the fact that W3 lasted for a year, if w4/5 last for a year we probably will see little progress, and when you consider that w3 lasted for a year and now almost everything about it is gone and changed (for good it seems), you will see where the problem is. The game you may play and enjoy today will be totally different from the game in a year or even 2 years most likely.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Hi. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
DatOneGuy

Postby Jackard » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:55 am

LOOK AT THIS
SHUTTING DOWN WORLD FOUR AND STARTING OVER
HEAVY RISK
BUT THE PRIZE
Jackard

Postby Whitney7 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:56 am

Bastendorf wrote:You gave up our faith in the game when you gave up world four. That's where our Hearths will always be. Until world four comes back, we aren't coming back.

This is absolutely hilarious.

Thank you. Really.

Thank you.
Cyber Nations: A Politics Simulator?
Whitney7

Postby Rhiannon » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:58 am

burgingham wrote:I don't think you understood the system yet, Rhiannon. Keep trying to figure it out :)

Perhaps, however I go by what I'm seeing for 3 hours now. No lp for bulding things, a small amount for crafting (first time only) and a small amount for touching new onbjects. Seems that once those are exausted where will more lp come from? Also sure, I'm pissed because in any game where yu raom for 3 hours without seeing an intergal animal to the game...rabbit for a bone it would make even the most liberal J&L asskisser a bit put off...LOL
************************************ RAVENHOLM ************************************
***************************** IN LIEBE UND FREUNDSCHAFT *************************
************************************* Für Immer **************************************
Rhiannon

Postby DatOneGuy » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:59 am

Rhiannon wrote:
burgingham wrote:I don't think you understood the system yet, Rhiannon. Keep trying to figure it out :)

Perhaps, however I go by what I'm seeing for 3 hours now. No lp for bulding things, a small amount for crafting (first time only) and a small amount for touching new onbjects. Seems that once those are exausted where will more lp come from? Also sure, I'm pissed because in any game where yu raom for 3 hours without seeing an intergal animal to the game...rabbit for a bone it would make even the most liberal J&L asskisser a bit put off...LOL

Why... WHY have you NOT even...

CURIOSITIES
DatOneGuy

Postby Bastendorf » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:00 am

Going to suggest you come back after a while, just check in a few months or something Bastendorf.

I'll look back in on it every once in a while, but I can't guarantee it will catch on with me if this is what it will be like from now on.

LOOK AT THIS
SHUTTING DOWN WORLD FOUR AND STARTING OVER
HEAVY RISK
BUT THE PRIZE

There is no 'prize'

This is absolutely hilarious.

Thank you. Really.

Thank you.

You're quite welcome...
Bastendorf

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements