Game Development: World 5

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: World 5

Postby jorb » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:10 am

Sure, but the welfare state is the reason your country is broke whether you like it or not.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby howyadoin988 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:10 am

ewlol wrote:
jorb wrote:
ewlol wrote:Are you honestly telling me that a budget in which war costs skyrocket is balanced? This entire Iraq War has fucked us over.

Medicare & Social Security had nothing to do with it.

I'd rather my government spend more money on helping people then on pointless fighting that we should never have involved ourselves in. In fact the entire war was started by made up horseshit. (thanks a lot George W. Bush)

But there's oil there. :roll:
howyadoin988

Postby pyrale » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:14 am

jorb wrote:Sure, but the welfare state is the reason your country is broke whether you like it or not.

I doubt so. Medical covering is actually quite like education : it refunds itself in the long run. Having healthy workers is a source of profit.
There was simply no way for america to have a balanced budget with a negative trade balance, even before war in iraq, even before improved health care.
Last edited by pyrale on Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
pyrale

Postby jorb » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:15 am

The expenses. Look at them.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

jorb

Postby loftar » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:15 am

pyrale wrote:
jorb wrote:Sure, but the welfare state is the reason your country is broke whether you like it or not.

I doubt so. Medical covering is actually quite like education : it refunds itself in the long run. Having healthy workers is a source of profit.

Odd, then, that that hasn't happened. :)
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Serpensio » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:18 am

Quoted for Truth.
Serpensio

Postby ewlol » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:19 am

I don't think you understand the repercussions of cutting welfare budgets.

Old people are going to go bat shit crazy. Private insurance companies will NOT insure them so they have to rely on the government for coverage. So what now? We cut it and then ... ? You tell me.
ewlol

Postby loftar » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:20 am

ewlol wrote:I don't think you understand the repercussions of cutting welfare budgets.

Old people are going to go bat shit crazy. Private insurance companies will NOT insure them so they have to rely on the government for coverage. So what now? We cut it and then ... ? You tell me.

Indeed. That's one of the many problems of instituting it to begin with; people start to invest in it and rely on it.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby jorb » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:21 am

I quite well understand the implications of cutting welfare budgets. People who have invested in the ponzi scheme get pissed off. Naturally so. Which is why I don't think the government should be running ponzi schemes to begin with.

jorb

Postby Serpensio » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:23 am

pyrale wrote:
Serpensio wrote:keep the government fiscally responsible.

Yeah sure dude, the USA don't have massive debts. And even if they had, none of it would be due to republicans. LoL.

The only thing Republicans really go over budget on is National Defense. Democrats and their Social Programs are what's bankrupting the country.

Also, I said "/More balanced/", not "completely and perfectly balanced"
Serpensio

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements