Game Development: World 5

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: World 5

Postby Alecela » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:43 am

Hey bro, modern power is measured in debt.

We could enslave the Mexicans and Canadians to pay off the debt, we're just generous enough not to :D
Alecela

Postby ewlol » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:43 am

jorb wrote:
ewlol wrote:I don't know why you keep flashing all of these numbers. Do you think I don't realize the US is in debt?

You have started to realize that now? Good, then my flashing numbers worked as intended. :)

What? :lol:
ewlol

Postby pyrale » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:43 am

loftar wrote:
ewlol wrote:It is the people who are to blame for that, but there are also flaws in the system.

Seriously? You institute a system where hospitals are required, by law, to treat patients whether or not they can pay, and you are shocked and appalled by people getting treatment without paying?

What were you expecting?

It works in france.

But here again, you've gotta choose wether you want everyone to afford decent health & education, or wether you want to have richer upper classes. Because again, US debt didn't skyrocket when social protection was added.

Also, about the whole "people running to the hospital for nothing" thing, it is actually better to have people go to docs on a regular basis than to discourage them from it.
pyrale

Postby nicklepontius » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:46 am

Can anyone tell me why I've read several pages of responses by people who have not read Article I, Section 8 of the United States Constitution? There are several pages of people extolling the virtues of violating it...

Maybe you can be partially excused for this if you are American, because one of your greatest role models, the government, has been in the business of violating the rules for itself since you've been alive. Now you want to ask them to violate the rules. I understand.

If you want 'free universal health care' then please don't ask your fedgov to violate the supreme law of the land. Ask your state instead, but then ask yourself who would provide the free universal health care if there were 0 doctors: would we have to resort to slavery? Can a State resort to slavery under the Thirteenth and Fourteenth Amendments? Etc...
nicklepontius

Postby pyrale » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:46 am

jorb wrote:http://www.usdebtclock.org/index.html

And who made it ?
pyrale

Postby Rift » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:49 am

we could enslave the Mexicans and Canadians to pay off the debt, we're just generous enough not to

..hardly, you couldn't hold Canada.
You would shit bricks if you read up on some of the plans created by Canada to hold off a US invasion from back in the days.
lets just say 90% of the american population dies in a few weeks.
... also, that us debt page is freaken scary.
Rift

Postby ewlol » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:50 am

nicklepontius wrote:Can anyone tell me why I've read several pages of responses by people who have not read Article I, Section 8 of the United States Constitution? There are several pages of people extolling the virtues of violating it...

Maybe you can be partially excused for this if you are American, because one of your greatest role models, the government, has been in the business of violating the rules for itself since you've been alive. Now you want to ask them to violate the rules. I understand.

If you want 'free universal health care' then please don't ask your fedgov to violate the supreme law of the land. Ask your state instead, but then ask yourself who would provide the free universal health care if there were 0 doctors: would we have to resort to slavery? Can a State resort to slavery under the Thirteenth and Fourteenth Amendments? Etc...

This is the most ridiculous thing I thing I have ever read in my entire life.
0 Doctors? What on the fucking earth are you smoking.

P.S. Ain't nobody saying FREE universal health care, bro.
P.P.S. How much Glen Beck have you been watching lately? Wait, make that Fox News in general.
Last edited by ewlol on Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
ewlol

Postby pyrale » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:51 am

Rift wrote:... also, that us debt page is freaken scary.

Actually, having debts isn't that scary. What's scary is the fact that the money from these debts was not used for anything significant.
pyrale

Postby FatBob » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:51 am

Alecela wrote:Hey bro, modern power is measured in debt.

We could enslave the Mexicans and Canadians to pay off the debt, we're just generous enough not to :D

Stop saying shit .. ? xD
cgbnab wrote:Last time I died I got a few seconds to stare at my corpse and watch NaoWhut call me a "bosha".
FatBob

Postby Alecela » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:53 am

Have mercy! I'm tired, but too lazy to go to bed. I saw a political argument and chose it as an opportunity to spout idiocy. That's how it works, right?

I'm no patriot, the only prejudices I have against people are formed from this game actually. For WHATEVER reason I hate russians now...
Last edited by Alecela on Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alecela

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements