Game Development: World 5

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: World 5

Postby onnings » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:56 am

I hope these kinds of threads will be a tradition for new worlds from now on. I'm having a blast.
onnings

Postby Serpensio » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:58 am

loftar wrote:
Rhiannon wrote:Republican Health Care : If you get sick...die quickly

a.jpeg

I can't believe anyone actually fell for that piece of piss-poor propaganda. I couldn't take it as anything but a joke. If anything, it made me mildly sick to my stomach that anyone elected to congress would actual take the stand and say such stupidity.

In case it really isn't obvious to you: Obviously, there isn't anyone who actually believes that there shouldn't be good health care for everyone. The real question is how such health care is actually obtained. What reasonable people realize is that it doesn't happen through any action of the government.

The reason people say that about Republicans, is because Republicans do not support dipping the government's fingers into regulating insurance companies to force them to give better care (which would only force those companies to raise prices to re-coop the cost of compliance with those regulations), and because they support a /more balanced/ budget then the democrats, which sometimes requires certain cuts to be made to social/welfare programs to keep the government fiscally responsible.
Serpensio

Postby Junkfist » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:58 am

Only thing that works well for France is the FFL.

Make of that what you will.
Junkfist

Postby ewlol » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:59 am

loftar wrote:
pyrale wrote:Implying anything works well in France

France has the best rated health-care in the world.

We in the USA are just too focused on making more money and having more more more, so there is hardly anything to spread around.

Did you know the USA is ranked among the top of all nations in the world that have the largest divide among the classes? We have the ultra impovrished and then the ultra rich.

There is something to be said for a nation that has people who are happy with just enough and can live a wholesome and fulfilled life without being the richest out there. We have this fundamental capitalist flaw in which we relish in our material triumphs and our statuses. Something has to be done, but when we have idiot right-wing cooks who are so dead set on this capitalist ideal we fail. Everything here is politically infused and intoxicated and turned into this partisan battle that gets us nowhere.

I would love to move to a European country.
ewlol

Postby Sarchi » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:00 am

"Sir, why are thousands of German troops inside France?"

"Impossible! The Maginot Line is impregnable!"

Sarchi

Postby ewlol » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:02 am

Serpensio wrote:
loftar wrote:
Rhiannon wrote:Republican Health Care : If you get sick...die quickly

a.jpeg

I can't believe anyone actually fell for that piece of piss-poor propaganda. I couldn't take it as anything but a joke. If anything, it made me mildly sick to my stomach that anyone elected to congress would actual take the stand and say such stupidity.

In case it really isn't obvious to you: Obviously, there isn't anyone who actually believes that there shouldn't be good health care for everyone. The real question is how such health care is actually obtained. What reasonable people realize is that it doesn't happen through any action of the government.

The reason people say that about Republicans, is because Republicans do not support dipping the government's fingers into regulating insurance companies to force them to give better care (which would only force those companies to raise prices to re-coop the cost of compliance with those regulations), and because they support a /more balanced/ budget then the democrats, which sometimes requires certain cuts to be made to social/welfare programs to keep the government fiscally responsible.

Are you honestly telling me that a budget in which war costs skyrocket is balanced? This entire Iraq War has fucked us over.
ewlol

Postby jorb » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:04 am

ewlol wrote:Are you honestly telling me that a budget in which war costs skyrocket is balanced? This entire Iraq War has fucked us over.

Medicare & Social Security had nothing to do with it.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Junkfist » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:05 am

ewlol wrote:This entire Iraq War has fucked us over.

Blood and Freedom is the ultimate currency get out of my beloved Republic.
Junkfist

Postby pyrale » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:05 am

Serpensio wrote:keep the government fiscally responsible.

Yeah sure dude, the USA don't have massive debts. And even if they had, none of it would be due to republicans. LoL.
pyrale

Postby ewlol » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:08 am

jorb wrote:
ewlol wrote:Are you honestly telling me that a budget in which war costs skyrocket is balanced? This entire Iraq War has fucked us over.

Medicare & Social Security had nothing to do with it.

I'd rather my government spend more money on helping people then on pointless fighting that we should never have involved ourselves in. In fact the entire war was started by made up horseshit. (thanks a lot George W. Bush)
ewlol

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements