Map Preview 2: Quality

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Map Preview 2: Quality

Postby jorb » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:15 am

Quality is alive and kicking. Two more sessions, tops. Hopefully one.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Re: Map Preview 2: Quality

Postby Yolan » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:20 am

Have my baby
Yolan

Postby Xarx » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:22 am

This is awesome.
Xarx

Postby RaptorJedi » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:28 am

So, and this is just guessing, but sewing, carpentry and so on, those are what you would put points in to create better quality items?
<Megagun> FOx
RaptorJedi

Postby Lokito_fp » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:29 am

Oh boy this is goin to be great!
To do list:
1-Booze
2-more booze
3- even more 1 and 2
4- plant and get seeds for bread
5-back to booze
Lokito_fp

Postby Xarx » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:31 am

RaptorJedi wrote:So, and this is just guessing, but sewing, carpentry and so on, those are what you would put points in to create better quality items?

And I'm assuming dexerity as well.

What I can't figure out is what psyche will be for.

One other thing I have noticed is Perception is gone.
Last edited by Xarx on Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xarx

Postby Machenoid » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:31 am

Please, PLEASE tell me you're going to do something awsome later on with quality levels so that the final product of the crafting process will avoid the absolutely horrible "I'm a newbie and no one wants to buy my Quality 3 crafts." and the "Oh, what's that? His sword is Q=99 and yours is Q=2? Well, he wins no matter what." because, you know. Fighting someone with 4000 strength is bad enough. ;)

Preferably if it was something like the belief slider-bars, where sharpness/bluntness on a sword influences a damage ratio between a cut and a crush; so as the sword is used it slowly becomes more blunt, but a blunt sword can still knock around a head. (or can be made intentionally dull so you can gain experience by making it sharper) Where the raw material quality effects where that slider bar will start at and how quickly/slowly it will move in a certain direction. Thus, anyone can make a sharp sword from bad quality metal and have the first few swings do the same damage, it'll just become dull faster.

[Edit - A HAWK, I SEE. Let me guess, thinking of Falconry? Or feathers for fletching? :roll: ]
The Dwarf is making a plaintive gesture. He doesn't really care about anything any more.
Machenoid

Postby dasneik » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:36 am

Seeing that new "Psyche" stat, I'd be hoping that all of the stats would have some sort of use now.
dasneik

Postby VoodooDog » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:43 am

Machenoid wrote:Please, PLEASE tell me you're going to do something awsome later on with quality levels so that the final product of the crafting process will avoid the absolutely horrible "I'm a newbie and no one wants to buy my Quality 3 crafts."

other newbies wants to buy ur Q3 craftings cuz they only got Q1 crafting.
if it works like this, it will be SO nice.

€: at the other point.. if it works like this, one day all guys will make Q99 items. maybe the itemstandart set the highest player. he allways make Q99 items and a player with 50% of his skill make Q50 items and so on ?
Last edited by VoodooDog on Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
VoodooDog

Postby Laremere » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:55 am

It'd be nice if the tool tips were multiple lines. Say one line for the name, one line for quality, and one line for armor if it applies. That would avoid very long lines and lack of name/quality on it.
Laremere

Next

Return to Announcements