Situation Resolved

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Situation Resolved

Postby beef2 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:25 am

exactly how high did they go? when I first saw the "wanted" thread I tried the autoclicker thing and did end up with a negative value, but attempting to buy the skill then didn't work.. even though this was before the fix
smooth character
beef2

Postby burgingham » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:03 am

DeadlyPencil wrote:Is it possible to check if those guys created any items while they had those high stats? like 168q bone saws, or 200q bones etc?

Should be possible. Devs wiped everything from Wayneville when we produced such high q goods. Although they forgot some stuff we had stored in a cart in another town, so don't know how it works exactly.
burgingham

Postby daves2hd » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:55 am

Thanks for the update and removing abusers :)
All your lp belong to jorb
daves2hd

Postby boshaw » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:02 pm

beef2 wrote:exactly how high did they go? when I first saw the "wanted" thread I tried the autoclicker thing and did end up with a negative value, but attempting to buy the skill then didn't work.. even though this was before the fix

The value of Learning Cost was based on an Integer type which meant it can have a maximum value of: 2^(31)-1. So with that being said you'd have to go over that max point in the amount of learning points needed. The LP cost formula is something like : Image (assuming we start from said stat == 1; n == number of times ticks you put into that skill)

From that the actual value you'll need to break the Integer maximum for Learning Cost is around 6500ish, i forget the exact number.

All of this is fixed now though so learning skills that cost negative lp doesn't work and even looping through stat increments until the cost is within your current lp range(something like 1700000 @ 150lp, again i forget the exact number) doesn't work :).

Also note: you don't need to sit there and click repeatedly all day or scroll repeatedly to achieve such numbers when you can just write in tiny scripts that are ran when a button is clicked while ingame to do it for you :)
ie: Image

(ignore the stats and everything,i was just playing around.) But for an example someone could make say the "Neg" button run through 6500 iterations of incrementing a single stat in a very very short period of time (less than 10 seconds) and then simply just hit buy .
boshaw

Postby Koya » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:04 pm

It can be done by simple debugging software for game development :)
ThunderCat
AD City Lawspeaker
=================
Those who speak of equality and peace will lead the future. Those who live in hate will remain in the past, or we will all perish as one.
Koya

Postby Halagaz » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:55 am

good job guys nobody like those things in their game, well almost nobody... :lol:
Halagaz

Postby Grog » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:54 am

Koya wrote:It can be done by simple debugging software for game development :)

or by reporting bugs instead of using it for compensating inability of playing a game :mrgreen:
Favourite thread: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3388
Grog

Postby Naerymdan » Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:50 am

Koya wrote:It can be done by simple debugging software for game development :)

Wow! You should tell every game company around the world that a magic piece of software finds your bugs for you!

Seriously tho, in software dev, some logic error and edge cases just slip by. That's human.

(also, test cases and unit tests for everything is a huge pain in the ass to do and implement and also very time-consuming)
Naerymdan

Postby ElGato » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:38 pm

jorb wrote:Image

A couple of wiseguys have managed to buy awesomely high skill values by using a piece of third party software to attempt to buy skill values so high that the LP cost turned negative. This resulted in high skill values and a few billions of LP to boot, since the cost was negative. This is no longer possible. All characters with such skill values have been edited back to normality. I.e. all their skill values are now set to one. For the record, this would have been possible -- although click intensive -- even without thirdparty software. The bug has most likely been around for a very long time.

Thanks to Avu, Darki and Hiro(?) for helping us sort out the shenanigans.

I've also thrown in a few new curiosities. Enjoy!

Yeah it's been around for a while.
I got around 3mill with it in World 3 :)
Never reported because second attempts didn't work.

EDIT::
ohey I still have the pic :)
burgingham wrote:We are all Gato, and Gato is Delamore of course. Goons blablabla...

Caradon wrote:Gato, the anti-ghandi

Sabinati wrote:yeah we're gonna kill you gato!!!
ElGato

Previous

Return to Announcements