Slight update: Hearth Vaults & Mentory Plunder

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Slight update: Hearth Vaults & Mentory Plunder

Postby Skeezix » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:38 pm

What's a hearth vault? Forgive my ignorance, btw.
Skeezix

Postby TeckXKnight » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:40 pm

Skeezix wrote:What's a hearth vault? Forgive my ignorance, btw.

Bricked area that is nearly impossible if not entirely impossible to break into. No minehole or entrance/exit and has a village claim, personal claim, and a house with the hearthfires inside.
TeckXKnight

Postby Jackard » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:41 pm

wickerman_156 wrote:
Jackard wrote:There should be a way to teach recipes to other players using parchment, so recipes become something you could trade or store.

Make it so you can put the parchment with the recipe in the mentory and you learn the recipe after a while.

nice addition, forwarding to devs
Jackard

Racial Discrimination in HnH

Postby Aegyen » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:17 pm

Rise up fellow dwarves, and protest this latest tragedy flung upon our kind! While the surface dwellers may reside safely and comfortably within walls of wood, and clay, we have been denied the right to safeguard our homes in a like manner :x Safeguarding our homes, and workspaces breaks no known rule, as it is entirely possible to place a ram against our fortifications, if you have the energy and willpower to do such a thing.

I protest this change in the most hearty fashion, and sling slag from my finerys at your unwarranted changes!!
Aegyen

Re: Racial Discrimination in HnH

Postby adamater » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:18 pm

Mine a shitton out and put palisade walls up, OR find a bigass cavern and put palisade walls up.
adamater

Re: Racial Discrimination in HnH

Postby loftar » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:20 pm

I know, it was a mistake. It'll be fixed after the next restart.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby veryinky » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:20 pm

Melandri wrote:My group was building a palisade for our town being made within a cave. Today we are no longer able to place palisades on the unpaved(mined) tiles within the cave. Is this an intended part of this update?

We have noticed this too. It's not mentioned in the update post, so I'm unsure if it's a bug or feature. The previous update added the +1 crafting bug, so I'm hoping this is just a bug too.
veryinky

Postby HarryDresden » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:21 pm

veryinky wrote:
Melandri wrote:My group was building a palisade for our town being made within a cave. Today we are no longer able to place palisades on the unpaved(mined) tiles within the cave. Is this an intended part of this update?

We have noticed this too. It's not mentioned in the update post, so I'm unsure if it's a bug or feature. The previous update added the +1 crafting bug, so I'm hoping this is just a bug too.

+1
Yes, I am a Wizard.
loftar wrote: bear fruit is not something I can predict,.

Beborn Beton wrote: "Don't Worry, They Won't Find My Body, I Want You To Know I Found Peace In Another World."
HarryDresden

Postby rye130 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:10 am

Are you attempting to put an end to all hearthvaults? For example, a vault more complicated then your standard island vault, still possible to break into, but that would take so long that the scents would wear out by the time you could get in? Would any action be taken or is that legal?
rye130

Postby genusis » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:48 am

rye130 wrote:Are you attempting to put an end to all hearthvaults? For example, a vault more complicated then your standard island vault, still possible to break into, but that would take so long that the scents would wear out by the time you could get in? Would any action be taken or is that legal?

its legal as long as you can build a ram to knock the walls down. just build high Q rams so when you destroy 1 piece it destroys like 20 pieces of walls that are right next to one another XD.
genusis

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements