Slight update: Hearth Vaults & Mentory Plunder

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Slight update: Hearth Vaults & Mentory Plunder

Postby Barhandar » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:28 am

Instead of blocking paving near water, block wallbuilding near water - or accelerate decay to VERY fast. Water is really good at destroying things.
Barhandar

Postby Tacheron » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:45 pm

Barhandar wrote:Instead of blocking paving near water, block wallbuilding near water - or accelerate decay to VERY fast. Water is really good at destroying things.

This, if possible. Makes sense.
This is not a test of power
This is not a game to be lost or won
Let justice be done
Tacheron

Postby ninja_yodeler » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:30 am

board paving should definitly be added, obviously 1-3 boards to a tile, slows decay at half the rate paving does, board paving also decays <but slowly-ish>

Jackard wrote:
wickerman_156 wrote:
Jackard wrote:There should be a way to teach recipes to other players using parchment, so recipes become something you could trade or store.

Make it so you can put the parchment with the recipe in the mentory and you learn the recipe after a while.

nice addition, forwarding to devs

:idea: to add to this a little bit, have the "recipe parchment" inside your mentory where it takes up room and attention, however it is not actually studied, it just sits there, though it must be in your mentory for you to know said recipe
Phaen wrote:RIP Homicidal Ninja :(
Let us reflect upon the good he was able to do during his short time in the hearthlands.
Let us remind ourselves of his bravery and willingness to fight for the safety of his friends!
Let us hope he can surpass his previous achievements in his future lives.
<3
ninja_yodeler

Postby Grog » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:39 am

that is a good idea! so you dont get just all 50 recipes your main/villagepro got right away
until now i disliked the idea. but if you just have the recipe as long parchment is in your studyinv - great
Favourite thread: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3388
Grog

Postby sabinati » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:45 pm

what? why would you not want to permanently learn the recipe? obviously a recipe should consume the material (parchment, possibly ink), would take some time to study, and some attention, so at most you could learn 16 at a time, but unless someone had ridiculous int it would be limited more by attention than mentory slots.
sabinati

Postby Jackard » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:39 pm

ninja_yodeler wrote: :idea: to add to this a little bit, have the "recipe parchment" inside your mentory where it takes up room and attention, however it is not actually studied, it just sits there, though it must be in your mentory for you to know said recipe

this is... not a good idea. but i expected that when i saw the username
Jackard

Postby homsikpanda » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:07 am

jorb wrote:We've introduced a fix that makes it impossible to pave close to water and swamps, this in order to prevent hearthvaults from being constructed. Loftar hates you, which is why this is a check on paving rather than on actual building.

Existing hearthvaults will be salted with plutonium, and I will personally summon and kill anyone found residing in one. Get out of them or die. Send me a hearth secret in the vicinty, or the account and character name of a character camped in the vicinty, and I will come over and, in short, nuke the place from orbit if a ram cannot be successfully placed.

Anyone who PM:ed me before will need to do so again, because I'm too lazy to go through my old PMs.

That is all.

Also, Mentories of other characters can now be plundered, and there are some new curios.

whats a mentory and/or a hearth vault? =/
homsikpanda

Postby mvgulik » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:48 am

jorb wrote:We've introduced a fix that makes it impossible to pave close to water and swamps

Erm ... was wondering about that seemingly new behavior. Will miss the option to have some nice 'none Dirt/soil' connection to the water.

, this in order to prevent hearthvaults from being constructed. Loftar hates you, which is why this is a check on paving rather than on actual building.
... seems very effective. (still hope some day you can pave (something) right into the water again.)
mvgulik

Postby tShamoc » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:56 am

homsikpanda wrote:whats a mentory and/or a hearth vault? =/

Weeeell.. You know, I didn't know at first, either. Buuut..
___________________________________________________________________________________________
Hearth Vault
(Page Four of Commentary, Hearth Vaults and Mentory Plunder update)
TeckXKnight wrote:
Skeezix wrote:What's a hearth vault? Forgive my ignorance, btw.

Bricked area that is nearly impossible if not entirely impossible to break into. No minehole or entrance/exit and has a village claim, personal claim, and a house with the hearthfires inside.

(Page Four of Commentary, Hearth Vaults and Mentory Plunder update)
Windforce wrote:
Demiwar wrote:A hearth vault is an island fortress that is impossible to siege containing a hearthfire. The reason it is impossible to siege is the walls are built right on the waters edge, preventing rams.

Not really,

The terms "Hearth Vault" is used to discribe a fortified area, usuall with cliffs/islands/swarmps to hide your HFs if you have done some criminal acts.
It is usually foritied to make it very annoying/diificult to Ram into, like extrememly long walls built along 2 narrow cliff face on a mountain or making it so that buildign a ram outside would leave it vunerable (no room to with it with paliside).

If one is build without a poisible placement for a Ram, then its an Impassable Vault and Jorb will nuke it.

Mentory
(Page Five of Commentary, Hearth Vaults and Mentory Plunder update)
Jackard wrote:
Temeez wrote:
jorb wrote:Also, Mentories of other characters can now be plundered, ..

I been thinking, but can figure out what this means :s

it's a portmanteau of the words "mental inventory"

___________________________________________________________________________________________

..It just so happens that it actually helps to read the thread, before you post in it. :P

(Posted for the benefit of homsikpanda as well as any others who happen upon this thread wondering the same thing)

Note: Should "Mental Inventory" not be understood, it is the Study Inventory. Where Curiosities are placed, for studying(LP gain).
"Cowards die many times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once." - William Shakespeare
tShamoc

Postby Potjeh » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:24 am

What's the point of forcing a single tile of clearance when that's not enough room to build a ram?
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements