Slight update: Hearth Vaults & Mentory Plunder

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Slight update: Hearth Vaults & Mentory Plunder

Postby novaalpha » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:48 am

Potjeh wrote:What's the point of forcing a single tile of clearance when that's not enough room to build a ram?

It is enough with shift-placement.
novaalpha

Postby ninja_yodeler » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:13 am

sabinati wrote:what? why would you not want to permanently learn the recipe? obviously a recipe should consume the material (parchment, possibly ink), would take some time to study, and some attention, so at most you could learn 16 at a time, but unless someone had ridiculous int it would be limited more by attention than mentory slots.

i do see your point, thats how i thought it could be done at first, but when you think about it, it could be exploited quite easily, by simply having a main villerger or person who learns all the recipe's, writes them down, then everyone who comes after dos not need to by any skills, all lp would be spent on attributes without the skills, e.g. a smith would not need to learn metalworking/steelmaking, a potter would not have to learn pottery, so on so forth.

besides its not as if you reed a book once and know it word for word, front to back off the top of your head. the architechs dont see blueprints once and work of a memory.

my way would make more sense, it would be as if you are looking at the plan while crafting.

tl:dr
your way could be exploited and would also sort off ruin the whole idea off buying skills

Jackard wrote:
ninja_yodeler wrote: :idea: to add to this a little bit, have the "recipe parchment" inside your mentory where it takes up room and attention, however it is not actually studied, it just sits there, though it must be in your mentory for you to know said recipe

this is... not a good idea. but i expected that when i saw the username

dude... its enough to say its not a good idea, no need to be personal, just saying, there is nothing wrong with politeness to strangers
Phaen wrote:RIP Homicidal Ninja :(
Let us reflect upon the good he was able to do during his short time in the hearthlands.
Let us remind ourselves of his bravery and willingness to fight for the safety of his friends!
Let us hope he can surpass his previous achievements in his future lives.
<3
ninja_yodeler

Postby sabinati » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:16 pm

ninja_yodeler wrote:
sabinati wrote:what? why would you not want to permanently learn the recipe? obviously a recipe should consume the material (parchment, possibly ink), would take some time to study, and some attention, so at most you could learn 16 at a time, but unless someone had ridiculous int it would be limited more by attention than mentory slots.

i do see your point, thats how i thought it could be done at first, but when you think about it, it could be exploited quite easily, by simply having a main villerger or person who learns all the recipe's, writes them down, then everyone who comes after dos not need to by any skills, all lp would be spent on attributes without the skills, e.g. a smith would not need to learn metalworking/steelmaking, a potter would not have to learn pottery, so on so forth.

besides its not as if you reed a book once and know it word for word, front to back off the top of your head. the architechs dont see blueprints once and work of a memory.

my way would make more sense, it would be as if you are looking at the plan while crafting.

tl:dr
your way could be exploited and would also sort off ruin the whole idea off buying skills

Jackard wrote:
ninja_yodeler wrote: :idea: to add to this a little bit, have the "recipe parchment" inside your mentory where it takes up room and attention, however it is not actually studied, it just sits there, though it must be in your mentory for you to know said recipe

this is... not a good idea. but i expected that when i saw the username

dude... its enough to say its not a good idea, no need to be personal, just saying, there is nothing wrong with politeness to strangers

uh, you still need to buy skills... :facepalm:
sabinati

Postby IcedLance » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:41 pm

can you plz redesign the vault fix? It's sad that i have to leave so much space between water and the wall considering i didn't expect this fix and placed my fields too close to water so i'll have to remove part of them to build that wall according to new rules D= ram on a raft would fit better in my opinion.
Or could you plz just summon Jorbs to my place so he could pave those few tiles i need (9 to be precise) ;-)
IcedLance

Postby burgingham » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:35 pm

lol
burgingham

Postby pyrale » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:31 pm

jorb wrote:salted with plutonium

Can I haz plutonium to pave my hideout ? (green hue pavement ? :O)
pyrale

Postby Reyajh » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:08 am

Please forgive my noob question but I have searched around and found no clarity...

Is placing multiple hearth fires around a Cabin's entrance, so that only you and your friends who have placed hearth fires around it's entrance are able to enter it, considered hearth vaults.., or is doing so considered a cheat in the game? I am new to the game & saw someone else who had this, so I did it myself...

Love the game & innovative concepts being attempted here. I've played multiple MMORPG's since around 96' & must say it's exciting to see some (Sadly lacking) true innovation being attempted...

Glad to be a part & hope to be a contribution.
Just my .O2... Taste, drink.., like/hate...
Jorb: "Oh, don't you worry. We're gonna take care of the pepper situation!" ¦]
Reyajh

Postby Jackard » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:44 am

Reyajh wrote:Is placing multiple hearth fires around a Cabin's entrance considered a cheat in the game?

no
Jackard

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:46 am

Reyajh wrote:Please forgive my noob question but I have searched around and found no clarity...

Is placing multiple hearth fires around a Cabin's entrance, so that only you and your friends who have placed hearth fires around it's entrance are able to enter it, considered hearth vaults.., or is doing so considered a cheat in the game? I am new to the game & saw someone else who had this, so I did it myself...

Nope. All you need is a little strength and the black skill Vandalism to break the hearth fires to gain entry into the cabin. This is only a stop-gap measure until you can get your palisade up.

The point of the "Hearth Vault" was that nobody could break into it other than via bugs in the system letting players basically commit theft and murder with no repercussions (and thus why the practice has been banned).
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Reyajh » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:37 am

Well I still don't understand what a hearth vault really is but don't bother trying to explain it, I'm sure I'll figure it out in due course.

Thanks for the replies.

-Reyajh... <-- Pokes head out of his newly completed Plutonium Nuka Proof vault!!!
Just my .O2... Taste, drink.., like/hate...
Jorb: "Oh, don't you worry. We're gonna take care of the pepper situation!" ¦]
Reyajh

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements