The End of The World: Prelude

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: The End of The World: Prelude

Postby Firefox » Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:27 am

Should we be tearing down our claims to reclaim LP or will we automagically get our LP from the claims back?
Firefox

Postby jorb » Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:32 am

Firefox wrote:Should we be tearing down our claims to reclaim LP or will we automagically get our LP from the claims back?

Um...

Jorb wrote:Make sure to declaim your claim poles. If you do not declaim your claim pole, you'll lose the LP invested in it.

Reading: It helps! ;)
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Lokito_fp » Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:35 am

i feel a bit sad, but now i will travel the lands making Lp until update comes.
EDIT: i shall regret this since i just saw a bunch of dead bodies.
Last edited by Lokito_fp on Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
To do list:
1-Booze
2-more booze
3- even more 1 and 2
4- plant and get seeds for bread
5-back to booze
Lokito_fp

Postby Firefox » Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:35 am

Awe Karp. I'm sorry, jorb, I shouldn't be trying to read newsposts at 130 in the morning
Firefox

Postby sabinati » Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:36 am

Jackard wrote:
sabinati wrote:yes but is that 35 hours from now or what this chart is confusing as heck

http://tinyurl.com/ns64se

oh that's a much better chart
sabinati

Postby kobnach » Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:17 am

jorb wrote:
New terrain types Go explore. The only one I will make specific mention of is deep water. You can swim across this if you have the Swimming skill. Constitution determines how much stamina you lose while doing this. If you run out of stamina you INSTA DROWN. As in permanent death, as in be careful. Also, it's worth noting that, if grassland was the base tile for the old map, forest is the base tile on the new one.

Please note that swimming disables all item and equipment interaction. If you log off while in deep water, you character will stay in game and drown, so don't.

If someone does not have swimming, what happens if they click on deep water (as if to move), follow another player into it, or chase some animal or moth?

The right answer is that they stop outside, as if it were a claim and they had criminal activities turned off. I want to verify this, however.
kobnach

Postby Machenoid » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:54 am

jorb wrote:1. Items now have a numeric quality rating ranging from 1 to infinity.
2. The general case is that you cannot craft items of a higher quality rating than the skill value you have in the skill(s) the recipe uses.
3. you now have to find minepoints
4. objects decay 2.5 times as fast in Mordor as they do at the RoB, or equivalent.

Please tell me you're trolling us.
I, i just... Can't... Handle, thi-

It's like the feature list of every other MMO ever made. :|

[edit - read: tell me this isn't the final version of these features.]
The Dwarf is making a plaintive gesture. He doesn't really care about anything any more.
Machenoid

Postby Errol » Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:02 am

So, when do we get more houses?
Errol

Postby theTrav » Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:14 am

Machenoid wrote:Please tell me you're trolling us.

you're talking about items 1 and 2 right... ? I didn't expect you'd care about 3 or 4
theTrav

Postby Machenoid » Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:34 am

theTrav wrote:
Machenoid wrote:Please tell me you're trolling us.

you're talking about items 1 and 2 right... ? I didn't expect you'd care about 3 or 4

Correct. 3 could be loosened to "quality decreases as distance from mining point increases" and 4 is a "mordor is for SERIOUS BUSINESS only or :arrow: " but 1 and 2 are certainly the biggest:
1. Just completely nullifies every resource that's below a certain quality after a certain point of map development, at least as far as serious business goes, and when the infinite map is done, players will spend enormous amounts of time looking for ever increasing quality sources. ("The more a man looks the fussier he gets" - That awsome dude that practically solo'd Alaskan winters for decades) They'd setup shop next to a resource, scout nearby, and then decide "welp, we just found something that has double the quality over all this crap we have here, time to move" Which i suppose #4 would help remove abandoned places and #3 to limit the rate of movement of smaller groups.
2. A feature of seemingly every mmo ever (ultra original! never before seen! sarcastic statement number three!) newbies make VENDOR TRASH, poop socker crafter primary players charge an arm and a leg for their phatlewtz, and all non-poop socking crafters are religated to perminate alt status as it sucks up too much experience leveling crafting skills that could've been spent on combat/survival/MORE INTERESTING skills.

[Maybe i'm too jaded to see it any other way, but i absolutely cringe at the idea of "Infinity" because it inevitably leads to "Infinity +1"]
The Dwarf is making a plaintive gesture. He doesn't really care about anything any more.
Machenoid

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements