The End of The World: Prelude

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: The End of The World: Prelude

Postby Leonon » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:58 pm

jorb wrote:Revised feature, Decay:Also, objects decay 2.5 times as fast in Mordor as they do at the RoB, or equivalent.
Is this going to be a sudden increase in decay rate across a border (one tile has 1* rate, next tile over has 2.5) or is there going to be a slow increase in decay rate as you get closer to/deeper into Mordor until it maxes at 2.5?
For the King, For the Land, For the Mountains
For the Green Valleys Where Dragons Fly
Leonon

Postby Rift » Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:06 pm

I assume slow linear-ish increase, since building a couple hearthfires tends to make the area lvl 9, rather then mordor, which would kinda destroy the point.

So much win. Even if i have to wait a extra week for animals.
I have tons of questions, but i'll just wait 1.5 days and find them out for myself, funner that way.
Rift

Postby loftar » Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:27 pm

theTrav wrote:Does this mean that fixing telporting is your next priority?

I would think so, at least. We're still a bit fuzzy on the details, though.

PhaedrothSP wrote:I have a feeling for seeds there'll be random stocks of crops growing around, just like there are on this map.

Correct.

Xarx wrote:Will copper, tin, silver and gold have their uses right from the start or will you be adding them in?

I would hate to build a mine only to find out it is completely useless.

Yes, unfortunately, that is so. We hope to be able to add a few basic things before too long. I also expect , actually, that tin will soon replace some of the current uses for iron, such as making candelabra and tankards. You'll at least know which kind of mine you're tracking with the prospecting skill, though, so if you're worried, you can just start looking for an iron mine.

Potjeh wrote:About those mine-finding concoctions: I hope we don't have to cook them in a cauldron. Because how do we make a cauldron without a mine?

Correct. :)

Rift wrote:I assume slow linear-ish increase, since building a couple hearthfires tends to make the area lvl 9, rather then mordor, which would kinda destroy the point.

As you say. :)
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Bigfish » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:03 pm

Hope to see a lot of rivers 4 boats.
Bigfish

Postby Ai_Shizuka » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:37 pm

Different metals = different minepoints?
As in, only iron in an iron mine?
Or will we be able to find veins of the more valuable metals everywhere?
Ai_Shizuka

Postby loftar » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:44 pm

Ai_Shizuka wrote:Different metals = different minepoints?
As in, only iron in an iron mine?

Correct.

Also, I should say that, even though Jorb mentioned "quality farmland" in another post, there is currently no distinction between localities when it comes to crop farming. Rather, farming will be more depending on breeding high-quality crops. If you're going to be baking things, you'll probably be better aided in finding a spot with good quality water.

Soil quality matters, but mostly if you're going to be breeding trees, because the quality of the resulting trees will depend on, among other things, the quality of the soil used in the treeplanter's pots.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Pumpkin » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:45 pm

That's something you might want to consider changing in the long run. I'm no farmer, but I'm fairly sure farming relies mainly on the quality of soil.
Pumpkin

Postby Loopoo » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:51 pm

I don't like the whole idea of different mines. It'll make it that much harder to run a settlement on your own. I, for one, do not like trading because of the carts getting stuck in utterly stupid places and the slow speeds of travel. I'd rather not pave an entire stone road from my base to a trading hub, cause that'd take ages...

If, somehow, you could make it so carts at-least go at the speed of WALKING, then I wouldn't mind. But crawling through Mordor with a cart full of iron is not my ideal situation to be in.

But yeah, if you made the carts at-least go at walk, i'd be happy to trade. I'd most likely end up paving a road with a good friend of mine to increase speed but if we at-least start off with walking, it'd make things go more smoothly.
Loopoo

Postby sabinati » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:52 pm

Pumpkin wrote:That's something you might want to consider changing in the long run. I'm no farmer, but I'm fairly sure farming relies mainly on the quality of soil.

and the quality of the genetic material contained in the seeds
sabinati

Postby Loopoo » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:52 pm

PS: If possible, make it so you can claim carts. I hate those twats who stand in front of you and try and collide with your cart, then make off with it. Has happened to me at the very least 4 times. Luckily, the first 2 times were just full of useless stuff, but the next 2 had a lot of my gear. It was a pain in the ass and I didn't get it back in the end.
Loopoo

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements