The End of The World: Prelude

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: The End of The World: Prelude

Postby Laremere » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:21 pm

I've found a cave! I'm having to light it with fires, and so far there isn't anything too interesting inside.

Edit: Found a stalagmite, it allows you to chip stone off of it.

Edit2: Found a fork, and now I'm giving up exploring it until I get some torches, because using fires takes forever.
Last edited by Laremere on Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Laremere

Postby Loopoo » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:28 pm

The reason I died cause of swimming is:

1) The damn river was a small tributary (or so I thought), and because of that, I thought it was the smallest and easiest to cross. Little did I know, my Hearthling is a fat fuck of a person and can barely lift his own weight in damn water. Jesus Christ. I was in the water for 4 seconds, perhaps a tile or two from the other side, and I drowned. It's fucking stupid.

2) The river drains your stamina like a motherfucker. It's silly how chipping away at rock (AT ROCK) drains so little stamina, and mining drains a bit more, yet swimming? The easiest out of the them all.

When I was a kid and couldn't swim, I could still fucking float. Or i'd just doggy paddle around. It's insane and too fucking tough.

Also, the fact that the server was lagging like a bitch didn't help. I shouldn't have attempted it, but with all the warnings, I thought it would count for BIG rivers, not little tiny ones like the one North West of RoB...

I lost EVERYTHING, and only got 4k lp out of my 15k lp (I had all skills except the big 20k and 30k ones). I had 22 Strength (took ages to get it) and 28 Constitution. I had 15 melee and 10 Marksmanship. All lost in 4 seconds.

I'd spent the last week or so hoarding all my points to be ready for this new map and i've gone and fucked up. I saw Jorb resets the map or atleast respawns the people who died today. I don't feel like grinding everything all over again. LP that coulda gone into my melee or something, wasted on getting other shitty skills I already had.
Loopoo

Postby wickedgenius » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:38 pm

I give up for now,

Some twat called Bob Tim just claimed the biggest amount of land ever over were I was building my camp. Pissed me off so much, and I'm fairly sure that without have 3 accounts it's impossible to build a stake claim yet, it's not been up for long enough to get the dreams.
wickedgenius

Postby Yolan » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:39 pm

Well, I am in the world at last... by Jorb, the lag!

So, who is helping me with the Brodgar building? :D

EDIT: Siiiiiiiiiiigh.... ok... some massive claims have already gone up around by the RoB... I dunno how this is going to get off the ground now...
Last edited by Yolan on Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yolan

Postby eql » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:40 pm

minr minor miner mynor mynr.

MINOR LOSS DUDE.
eql

Postby Krantarin » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:40 pm

I died from swimming as well, long before any server warnings (I turned off my computer and took a break to cool down before posting). The only thing that I had heard was "don't swim." It was also a tiny tributary. I didn't lose any stamina for the first six squares (If I had had any idea, I would have turned back), then, suddenly, my stamina dropped to nothing. My character was much stronger than many of the other people who've lost characters, but my constitution was only in the thirties. I can hardly believe it. Given how much you have to work to have a character that can even hunt, losing characters this easily will make the game unbearable. My first character was completely straight-lace, but as it is, I won't be playing again unless I've got a good macro or something else that would allow me to come close to the level I used to play at without wasting my life. Any suggestions for ways to make my new character nearly as powerful as his ancestor fast?
A Lurker from the days when Laketown was on the frontier and Bottleneck was the military superpower.
Krantarin

Postby sabinati » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:44 pm

uh, inherit from his tombstone? unless you're full change. then you're fucked.
sabinati

Previous

Return to Announcements