The End of The World: Prelude

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: The End of The World: Prelude

Postby sabinati » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:56 pm

couldn't you have just sprinted in front of them and grabbed the cart back?
sabinati

Postby Pumpkin » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:57 pm

No! That would have required him to think! Artificially limit it instead! PLAYER RESTRICTIONS ARE THE WAY TO GO!
Pumpkin

Postby loftar » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:01 pm

Pumpkin wrote:That's something you might want to consider changing in the long run. I'm no farmer, but I'm fairly sure farming relies mainly on the quality of soil.

Yes, it is, indeed, something we might consider changing in the long run. Farming should get a couple of overhauls, I think. In addition to soil quality and what not, proper irrigation and the use of fertilizer should be represented one way or another.

sabinati wrote:and the quality of the genetic material contained in the seeds

Indeed, that is what the current implementation represents.

Loopoo wrote:I don't like the whole idea of different mines. It'll make it that much harder to run a settlement on your own.

Indeed, but there is also a balance to be struck so that trade becomes important and meaningful, unlike how it is now.

Rather, I'd like to let the game develop so that it is possible live a meaningful lifestyle by oneself, but that you won't be able to do everything by yourself.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Pumpkin » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:03 pm

Loftar have you considered the effect of LP inflation with the massive number of bears that will be available next map?
Pumpkin

Postby liamshannon » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:03 pm

I just want to be sure of this, if i have LP sitting there not being used will i still have them there on the new map or will i have to use them up to buy skills or something before the change?
liamshannon

Postby Loopoo » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:03 pm

As i'm sure everyone else does, when travelling on long trips, I tend to shut down my brain and go into a zombie-like state. This makes travelling bearable and not such a laborious task...That's why when someone comes and stops you, you usually end up walking further on by mistake, cause you're spamming click. That gives them the chance to grab it and run...albeit at a very, very slow rate.

Either way, claiming carts would be amazing, but it'd help thieves a lot...
Loopoo

Postby Loopoo » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:10 pm

I'm loving the feedback Loftar, keep up the good work buddy :D And you too, Jorb :p

Glad all my questions were answered. Gonna go eat now :p Can't wait for tomorrow :C Can't you pop the time back to today at around 10pm GMT? 9pm UTC...
Loopoo

Postby Xarx » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:21 pm

Loopoo wrote:I don't like the whole idea of different mines. It'll make it that much harder to run a settlement on your own. I, for one, do not like trading because of the carts getting stuck in utterly stupid places and the slow speeds of travel. I'd rather not pave an entire stone road from my base to a trading hub, cause that'd take ages...

If, somehow, you could make it so carts at-least go at the speed of WALKING, then I wouldn't mind. But crawling through Mordor with a cart full of iron is not my ideal situation to be in.

But yeah, if you made the carts at-least go at walk, i'd be happy to trade. I'd most likely end up paving a road with a good friend of mine to increase speed but if we at-least start off with walking, it'd make things go more smoothly.

So many things wrong with this. Making it harder for you to run a settlement on your own is a positive and a step in the right direction (This is coming from a person who has made 4 alts with yeomanry just to have his own personal village).

If distance is a problem then you shouldn't plan to move that far away from other people, If you do you shouldn't bitch as you are basically trading convenience for seclusion/safety.

As for the carts, I think they should move depending on what is in them.
Xarx

Postby Loopoo » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:41 pm

Xarx, firstly, I wouldn't call that bitching. Secondly, some people prefer the lush outdoors. I feel happier knowing that i'm surrounded by a vast forest of trees. I will never, EVER, settle near RoB, cause it's just so crowded and people walk all near it all the time.

But, I like your idea of movement based on weight.
Loopoo

Postby Jfloyd » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:57 pm

I'd like to know if in the New World, if the Devs could hand out clothes. Or maybe have a chest that forever spawns them, but the clothes would be almost worthless.
Also, a way to change out characters hair. :3
"When I grow up, I want to be just like Kaka" -James Floyd, on growing up.
Jfloyd

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements