The End of The World: Prelude

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: The End of The World: Prelude

Postby StarChaser » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:14 pm

I connected for a moment. But the "Play" button under my characters wasn't working. Neither the New Character button. :(
StarChaser

Postby Loopoo » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:27 pm

Jorb, good god. I'm begging you, please revert my character...

I FUCKING DROWNED, AFTER 2 SECONDS IN THE WATER. I didn't even have enough time to get out!

Man, I swear to god i'm so depressed. I had EVERY skill except prospecting and the big ones (20k and 30k skills).

I swear, if my character doesn't come back, I don't know what to do. There is no way i'm restarting for that. The fucking river in the North West drowned me and it's like 2 metres across, the stamina drain is too stupid.
Loopoo

Postby Golbez » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:31 pm

Loopoo wrote:Jorb, good god. I'm begging you, please revert my character...

I FUCKING DROWNED, AFTER 2 SECONDS IN THE WATER. I didn't even have enough time to get out!

Man, I swear to god i'm so depressed. I had EVERY skill except prospecting and the big ones (20k and 30k skills).

I swear, if my character doesn't come back, I don't know what to do. There is no way i'm restarting for that. The fucking river in the North West drowned me and it's like 2 metres across, the stamina drain is too stupid.

Same. I had every skill including the new ones, and I died from that river as well.
Golbez

Postby HoldYourFire » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:34 pm

I'm getting "this client is too old."

Edit: Oops, sorry, it's updating now.
Last edited by HoldYourFire on Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HoldYourFire

Postby Jackard » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:38 pm

Anyone that died from swimming, tell me your Constitution so I can get some idea of how deadly it is.
Jackard

Postby Golbez » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:48 pm

Jackard wrote:Anyone that died from swimming, tell me your Constitution so I can get some idea of how deadly it is.

20-something constitution. Crossed two tiles before dying with full stamina to start with.
EDIT: Yeah, thanks for telling us about the water. Would've been nice to know, but at least now no more than me and maybe a dozen or so more will quit.
EDIT EDIT: I did some calming down and I'm still quitting unless I get my character back. Sorry it had to come to this, and I feel like a jerk and a nerd, but I want to explore the new world preferrably with a character I like and isn't complete crap.
Last edited by Golbez on Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Golbez

Postby Rift » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:53 pm

you cannot cross any deep water at all unless your in the 40's. i wouldnt bother trying unless you have 50 and full stamina.
Rift

Postby Jackard » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:01 pm

Golbez wrote:
Jackard wrote:Anyone that died from swimming, tell me your Constitution so I can get some idea of how deadly it is.

20-something constitution. Crossed two tiles before dying with full stamina to start with.
EDIT: Yeah, thanks for telling us about the water. Would've been nice to know, but at least now no more than me and maybe a dozen or so more will quit.

They have warned us many, many times in previous threads. The IRC topic warns you and now they've sent out server messages warning you.

The drowning speed is ridiculous but wouldn't you say that you are being a bit unreasonable?
Jackard

Postby ToxxicZombie » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:09 pm

Lulz, jorb told us that swimming was very very dangerous. Apparently some people did not heed this warning. I think he even mentioned that you would need really high con.
Ohshi' it's a girl on teh internetz.

Rape and Pillage men, RAPE and Pillage!!!
ToxxicZombie

Postby Golbez » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:16 pm

I wouldn't say I'm being unreasonable. I'm never in the IRC nowadays because I haven't been playing the game for over a month and a half. I died before the server announcements about it and I've read every thread in the announcement forum start to finish and quite a lot in the other forums but never seen mention of water killing you if you even try to feel the temperature. Sure, quoting Jorb "Constitution determines how much stamina you lose while doing this. If you run out of stamina you INSTA DROWN" but that hardly accentuates that you WILL die if you even go near the damn stuff.
Golbez

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements