The New World: ... a few hours on.

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: The New World: ... a few hours on.

Postby Marky » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:59 pm

Where's the coast? In one of the pictures it looked like a beach and I really wanna build my house there.
Marky

Postby Drakale » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:59 pm

I don't want to sound bitter, but requiring us to read obscure posts on the forum to know that setting foot in the water will almost instantly kill you is kinda harsh. Lost my character because I expected crossing a small river would be trivial, not some kind of heroic deed :(
Drakale

Postby Loopoo » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:04 am

Fucking rivers. The thing that pisses me off is not the fact I lost my skills, because getting LP is easy.

It was the FEP grinding I did, the countless hours spent trawling about to get full industry, full change and half barbarianism. Countless hours spent lugging around a chest full of goods to get rid of my overstuffedness.

That is what pisses me off. And the fact that rivers are demon-spawned killing machines. I can't wait to get boats, cause then i'll terrorize crossings and throw people off my boat via kick to the chest, Spartan style.
Loopoo

Postby Rift » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:07 am

look at the announcements, thats all you had to read. Or alternatively you could of read say.. the skill description ingame.
when you click the skill to buy it, it tells you the horrors of swimming.
Rift

Postby Talek » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:13 am

this lag is terrible, and getting me eaten by Foxes all the time.

Is there going to be anything done about it?
Talek

Postby Machenoid » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:16 am

The map has water-locked areas! This can be shown by replacing all the multi-colored spots on the map with one single color, leaving the water color alone. Then, flood-fill parts of the map working in from the outside of the map; where one color is stopped by water in all directions, that portion of land is completely water-locked.
So. Apparently, swimming is not just deadly, it's necessary to get to where you want to go. :|

Either swimming must be made less deadly or bridges/boats should be implemented immediately, or a newer and less "i'm trapped!" map be made, or everone will have to grind CON to 100; just to be able to explore the map and get to an uninhabited /resource rich part of it.

[Edit - and that's not the worst of it. Because there are water-locked areas of the map, that means that carts can't move through those areas, which means everyone is basically living on an island and their carts can only move around inside of those islands; making "trade" between far-flung map areas completely worthless, or at least extremely difficult that involves alot of manual cargo transfer over possibly multiple rivers.]
[edit 2 - all the while, risking death from drowning and the loss of whatever items you have while you cross the river; it's fucking oregon trail all over again :roll: ]
Last edited by Machenoid on Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Dwarf is making a plaintive gesture. He doesn't really care about anything any more.
Machenoid

Postby Ai_Shizuka » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:19 am

Anyone found a rustroot?

BTW, getting killed by lag is not fun. The thing is almost unplayable.
Last edited by Ai_Shizuka on Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ai_Shizuka

Postby Chaosfire220 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:21 am

Unfortunately, I also stupidly tried to cross that fucking river and died there.
Had all of the skills except for murder.
Fuck.
Chaosfire220

Postby Laremere » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:22 am

Ai_Shizuka wrote:Anyone found a rustroot?
I have not and I've walked a horribly long distance. Either it takes high perception to see (which is very bad, as newer players are the main people needed to find new mines), or it is obvious and nobody has noticed that they could pick it up.
Laremere

Postby Peter » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:25 am

Loopoo wrote:Fucking rivers. The thing that pisses me off is not the fact I lost my skills, because getting LP is easy.

It was the FEP grinding I did, the countless hours spent trawling about to get full industry, full change and half barbarianism. Countless hours spent lugging around a chest full of goods to get rid of my overstuffedness.

That is what pisses me off. And the fact that rivers are demon-spawned killing machines. I can't wait to get boats, cause then i'll terrorize crossings and throw people off my boat via kick to the chest, Spartan style.

Why on earth did you get full change when you had such a valuable character?
Surprise.
Peter

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements