The New World: ... a few hours on.

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: The New World: ... a few hours on.

Postby Loopoo » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:35 pm

Peter wrote:
Loopoo wrote:Fucking rivers. The thing that pisses me off is not the fact I lost my skills, because getting LP is easy.

It was the FEP grinding I did, the countless hours spent trawling about to get full industry, full change and half barbarianism. Countless hours spent lugging around a chest full of goods to get rid of my overstuffedness.

That is what pisses me off. And the fact that rivers are demon-spawned killing machines. I can't wait to get boats, cause then i'll terrorize crossings and throw people off my boat via kick to the chest, Spartan style.

Why on earth did you get full change when you had such a valuable character?

I had full change because at the start, all I knew was that Full Change lets you gain more LP from stuff, whereas Tradition just lets you regain most, if not all of your dead characters stuff. I have never been a fighter, nor have I ever wanted to kill someone. I never thought i'd need Tradition, seeing as I would always run from combat. The only dangers i'd face are wild foxes and boars, but even then i'd go equipped. So yeah, that's why I was full Change. I was a friendly character.
Loopoo

Postby Loopoo » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:45 pm

Also, to all those people spouting nonsense bullshit about how we didn't listen to warnings or paid no attention to Jorb, well, all I gotta say is i've been on this forum every day for the past week, waiting for the new map announcement. I read about swimming, and immediately I said "I will NEVER touch large bodies of water..." but little did I know even the most tiniest of rivers could smack you like a bitch.

I don't mind grinding back up, but it is just a nuisance. And all of you saying "Stop whining, you should have read", I never got the 3 damn warnings at the start, even though I was trying non-stop for the hour it was delayed to get on. If it happened to you, you'd be godsmacked and pissed off too.

I'm never touching water again until boats are implemented.
Loopoo

Postby anaemic » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:54 pm

wild animals are kind of a bitch right now, im trying to explore some, but when you get knocked out by an animal, they dont leave, they just stand beside your body waiting for you to regain consciousness. Which combined with their better pathfinding is making my life pretty tough.
anaemic

Postby 57thDamned » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:14 pm

Is it possible, that you changed something on the civ lvls after the crash today?

We can find max lvl5 baor/deer. Yesterday were many lvl9-10 boar/bears here....
57thDamned

Postby anaemic » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:16 pm

i was just attacked by a lv 7 boar near the mountain range to the south east.

so has anyone managed to find rustroot yet, or is it not even implimented ?

and has anyone even come accross any sheep or cows ? all i can find are foxes / boars / deer / rats / frogs / rabbits
anaemic

Postby loftar » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:23 pm

Potjeh wrote:Speaking of which, what are the requirements for expanding the map?

There is support for expanding the map, but it isn't called automatically yet. I've just generated 9 times more terrain, though, and am in the process of copying it to the server, so the map will soon grow larger. We won't be posting map images for these parts, though.

Edit: They are now in the server and running. Not all of them have minimaps yet, but they are in the oven and baking.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Potjeh » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:26 pm

Oh, that's nice to hear. I was afraid you'd cram us into this small area until we get over 9000 players.

Anyway, is one of those 9 supergrids a sea?
*nagnagnag*
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby loftar » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:32 pm

We haven't yet reached a consensus of how to do with seas and/or other climate zones, so no. Sorry. :)
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Rift » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:36 pm

are they connecting to this supergrid by water? cause it all dead ends... which makes me sad.
are they going to connect to other supergrids via water? or are each one going to be independent?
Rift

Postby Xarx » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:42 pm

anaemic wrote:i was just attacked by a lv 7 boar near the mountain range to the south east.

so has anyone managed to find rustroot yet, or is it not even implimented ?

and has anyone even come accross any sheep or cows ? all i can find are foxes / boars / deer / rats / frogs / rabbits

People have found rustroot you need pretty high Perception+Exploration to see it.
Sheep and Cows are on the old grass land tiles.
Xarx

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements