The New World: ... a few hours on.

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: The New World: ... a few hours on.

Postby Yuki » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:58 am

A few hours into the new map and we already have a PENIS LAKE.

Okay, I didn't get to keep my dream, but somehow, my hearth that I built last night mysteriously disappeared.
Yuki

Postby Pacho » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:15 am

it was probably destroyed by a jerk
Pacho

Postby jazman » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:32 am

I drowned after trying to cross a river that was 6 tiles across :(
jazman

Postby Wolfram » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:36 am

Gate building can be done over stone; you need to plow and pave the area in front of the gate as if to start a road. I couldn't place the gate until I had paved four tiles next to the wall - one for each cornerpost and the two tiles in between.
Wolfram

Postby Ai_Shizuka » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:55 am

What about death by lag?
That's what happened to me yesterday. My character was perfectly able to cross most rivers (48 con). I did already cross a lot of them looking for the damn rustroot. But at some point, sudden LAG SPIKE FROM HELL, right in the middle of a river, wich wasn't any wider than the previous 12 rivers I had already crossed.
I KNOW I was able to cross it, because I already did, but my pg is still dead.

All skills, except the black ones and lawspeaking.
70 melee.
30 exploration (dumped all my spare LP there in the hope to find that blasted root).
Some 55 str.
48 con.

I don't know if they have some kind of log to see what happens on the server and I'm honestly not gonna bother them to get my pg back.
Still, it was instant rage-quit. And I seriously doubt I'll have the patience to grind back all my shit.
Ai_Shizuka

Postby eql » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:56 am

Golbez wrote:So... What will happen to the people who had tragic drowning accidents before information was available? Will we continue being dead?

lmfao
make a new character for gods sake. they posted SO MANY TIMES. that water was going to be a BIG danger.

why people whining about losing characters. the game is in alpha, its about testing, enjoying whats there, and giving creative input/feedback to the devs to help move the game forward.

Getting your character back wont even be that hard, what with the new world and stuff youll have to build and make a shit load of stuff anwyay. might as well do it and get a decent char in the process.
eql

Postby eql » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:19 am

theTrav wrote:
foboslc wrote:Im sorry, when You come up to a river that looks like it will three seconds to walk across, and YOu think that drowning is NOT INSTANT, YOu dont exept to DROWN INSTANTLY, but You ecxpect to BE ABLE TO WALK ACROSS IT, even if it wqill yield some health loss.

It was wrong of that river to lull you into a sense of false security, leading you to make faulty assumptions and ignore the in-game advice from the skill panel, the multiple warnings in the forum, and the many MANY complaints by people who have already died.

this is gold.
eql

Postby Solifuge » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:21 am

This swimming system is a new feature, and is broken in a gameplay sense. Notice that the people saying that players dying by swimming 1 tile are stupid are the ones to whom it hasn't happened to yet. To those of you, just wait until you lag into the lake, and lose a month of character building and progress, and see how funny you find it then.

That aside, I'm confused by some of the new terrain types. It appears as though there are 3 types of swamp; the leechy marshes we are familiar with, a brightly colored marsh with nothing in it, including no plant life or decor (those are the bits that look like snow on the local map), and a darkly-colored swamp with little rivulets running through it. There are also 3 kinds of Plains; pink colored grasslands, normal green grasslands, and then yellowed grasslands that are devoid of anything.

I suspect that terrain is broken into 3 categories per type, one with a decidedly "Pretty" or "Good" appearance, a Neutral/Natural appearance, and then a "Dark" or "Evil" appearance. Whether this will lead to different Herbs and animals in each, I don't know.
Solifuge

Postby Potjeh » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:38 am

Sweet world so far, but why no sea yet? Please make sure to generate some sea when you expand the map. Speaking of which, what are the requirements for expanding the map? I think this one will be quite crowded, as the previous one was and there were even less active players.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby moonshield » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:05 am

Why's there no inn yet
moonshield

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements