The New World: ... a few hours on.

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: The New World: ... a few hours on.

Postby Ai_Shizuka » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:32 am

Laremere wrote:
Ai_Shizuka wrote:Anyone found a rustroot?
I have not and I've walked a horribly long distance. Either it takes high perception to see (which is very bad, as newer players are the main people needed to find new mines), or it is obvious and nobody has noticed that they could pick it up.

I hope they'll give some hint about this. I'm right-clicking everything to see if it's harvestable. Just found some little yellow mushrooms so far.

But, for me, a mine is the main factor to pick a site and settle down. Right now I'm just wandering around and I don't even know what I'm looking for.
Ai_Shizuka

Postby gisewindblade » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:40 am

Does anyone know how to make a mine? Me and my friends have been trying but have only come to the conclusion that it requires rock.
gisewindblade

Postby Laremere » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:42 am

You have to prospect for one, and that requires Rustroot, but nobody knows how to find rustroot...
Laremere

Postby gisewindblade » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:44 am

Laremere wrote:You have to prospect for one, and that requires Rustroot, but nobody knows how to find rustroot...

oh, well that's perfect. :cry:
gisewindblade

Postby ArPharazon » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:44 am

Why are people whining about water? Jorb was saying like in every other posts for weeks WATER WILL KILL YOU WILL DROWN KEEP OUT OFF WET STUFF. Then, after that, right as the game started you got 3 popups warning us. Then the skill warned you. And, I mean, maybe you're really curious about swimming, but if your character is so damn precious you should have a) used an alt or b) watched someone cross.
ArPharazon

Postby Laremere » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:46 am

Swimming should require 40 con to buy, as it basically kills you anyway. Also, not everyone got the pop-ups, and new people won't. The warning in the skill buying is also not that scary. It should be much more scary.
Laremere

Postby Machenoid » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:50 am

Laremere wrote:Swimming should require 100 con to buy, as by then it would actually be useful.
The Dwarf is making a plaintive gesture. He doesn't really care about anything any more.
Machenoid

Postby Rakonas » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:50 am

I get that swimming should be difficult and everything, but why the hell are there no shallow parts in rivers!? At the moment it would be impossible to get to the southern part of the map without swimming and most likely drowning. Personally I think that drowning should either be removed or bridges should be instantly implemented and easy to build.
Rakonas

Postby Laremere » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:53 am

I think bridges should be very hard to build, but they should be implemented asap.
Laremere

Postby Jackard » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:55 am

two questions

1. Do any rivers have fords?
2. What is mroe useful for treeplanting, Survival or Farming?
Jackard

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements