The New World: ... a few hours on.

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: The New World: ... a few hours on.

Postby Machenoid » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:05 am

Shallow river crossings must be put in, because as stated numerous times, they're impossible to pass barriers for everyone except the guy who spams the crap out of his constitution rating.
The Dwarf is making a plaintive gesture. He doesn't really care about anything any more.
Machenoid

Postby Laremere » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:06 am

I think boats and bridges being put in will fix most of this. It just needs to be done asap.
Laremere

Postby Jest » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:12 am

there's a nice few spots of land that are completely cut off due to rivers
Jest

Postby Tanithal » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:24 am

Bridges shouldn't be too hard to implement, and neither should they be too complicated. They could work somewhat like fences. Build starting planks, and then expand the bridge in a certain direction. Maybe have it so when you build the first starting planks, you can choose to expand the width as well, or leave it as a single tile bridge.
Tanithal

Postby Machenoid » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:41 am

Jest wrote:there's a nice few spots of land that are completely cut off due to rivers

Understatement. In order to reach the border of the map, you must cross water to do so, making somewhere around 50% of the map entirely blocked off; or making it the personal play-ground of the few people that can cross rivers.
The Dwarf is making a plaintive gesture. He doesn't really care about anything any more.
Machenoid

Postby Seizure » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:56 am

Machenoid wrote:
Jest wrote:there's a nice few spots of land that are completely cut off due to rivers

Understatement. In order to reach the border of the map, you must cross water to do so, making somewhere around 50% of the map entirely blocked off; or making it the personal play-ground of the few people that can cross rivers.

The outside of the map is reachable... But there is only one route to get there :evil:
Seizure

Postby Laremere » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:59 am

I'd like to take this moment to thank the devs for giving farmers the plow. When other farmers get their hands on it, I think they will agree.
Laremere

Postby Peter » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:01 am

Here's a problem; now we can only build stone roads. What happened to simple dirt paths?
Surprise.
Peter

Postby sabinati » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:25 am

Machenoid wrote:

if you don't have the stats to swim you don't have the stats to handle the uncivilized areas.
sabinati

Postby gisewindblade » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:30 am

I tested swimming when I never heard of the warnings... Lost all stam and only got 1/2 way across the lake :shock:
But to my luck I realized I wouldn't make it so I swam back in time ;)
gisewindblade

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements