The New World: ... a few hours on.

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: The New World: ... a few hours on.

Postby Yuki » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:34 am

Drowned in a lagspike with 5 change points. :geek:
Yuki

Postby Romeryo » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:28 am

I hereby officially doubt the common formula to find rustroots. :ugeek:

It is said, you need at least 4000 as a result of perception*exploration.
Some suggested 64*64 would be enough.

How comes I found 2 (and probably more in the future) with only 750?
I only got 16 Perception, but 47 Exploration. So I dare to say its Exploration that counts. This way, of course, people with more than 50 Exploration will definitely be able to find rustroots. I wandered around the forests for ages, never finding a root and believing it is because I just don't have enough Perception/Exploration. Yet, the only thing I ever raised these days WAS in fact exploration. Not perception, not intelligence or any other attribute.

Comes to mind, maybe Loftar heard the cry of his lambs and decided to make it easier to find roots :)
Romeryo

Postby Bigfish » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:19 am

Romeryo wrote:I hereby officially doubt the common formula to find rustroots. :ugeek:

It is said, you need at least 4000 as a result of perception*exploration.
Some suggested 64*64 would be enough.

How comes I found 2 (and probably more in the future) with only 750?
I only got 16 Perception, but 47 Exploration. So I dare to say its Exploration that counts. This way, of course, people with more than 50 Exploration will definitely be able to find rustroots. I wandered around the forests for ages, never finding a root and believing it is because I just don't have enough Perception/Exploration. Yet, the only thing I ever raised these days WAS in fact exploration. Not perception, not intelligence or any other attribute.

Comes to mind, maybe Loftar heard the cry of his lambs and decided to make it easier to find roots :)

I found my first with 47 EXP and 20 PER. But with 10 less PER i didnt found any...
Bigfish

Postby Golbez » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:52 am

Bigfish wrote:I found my first with 47 EXP and 20 PER. But with 10 less PER i didnt found any...

I found my first with 46 EXP and 21 PER, but not with one less PER...
Golbez

Postby Romeryo » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:23 pm

As said, only 16 Perception here for me.
Romeryo

Postby loftar » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:28 pm

Romeryo wrote:Comes to mind, maybe Loftar heard the cry of his lambs and decided to make it easier to find roots :)

Actually, yes, we realized that we had made it unreasonably hard to find it. On the other hand, it can also be argued that it's too common, regardless of how hard it is to actually find.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Golbez » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:03 pm

Now can you please add light to the exits of caves? I went in one accidentally and now I can't find my way out...

EDIT: Wait, it's bugged. Nevermind.
Golbez

Postby Thoregon » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:29 pm

loftar wrote:
Romeryo wrote:Comes to mind, maybe Loftar heard the cry of his lambs and decided to make it easier to find roots :)

Actually, yes, we realized that we had made it unreasonably hard to find it. On the other hand, it can also be argued that it's too common, regardless of how hard it is to actually find.

It doesnt matter anyway because there are nearly no iron mines :? ( althought i found 6 copper mines :( )
Last edited by Thoregon on Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thoregon

Postby Peter » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:33 pm

Naw, it's cool. I think it's not too bad for there to be only a few iron mines- it encourages trade at least between these mines.

I'm going to take a look myself.
Surprise.
Peter

Postby Lightning4 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:33 am

Yeah, I've made like 16 liters of the stuff. At this point I'm just doing it for the extra 100 LP, because by now I've probably got enough to locate every single remaining mine out in the new supergrids. :P
Lightning4

Previous

Return to Announcements