Game Development: Ultra Permadeath

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Ultra Permadeath

Postby Mumbles » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:53 am

Onionfighter wrote:
MagicManICT wrote:
Saif_Mahlik wrote:\
Yes... I know, I was hoping you would gather and understand that by the sarcasm and irony in my sentence, but after all this is the internet, a place where we cannot see other peoples facial and body expressions as they account for 70% of the communication thus leading everyone to a disadvantage in understanding statements from the writers point of view which give sit a broad range of interpretations which has led to this unfortunate misunderstanding that I was being serious.

And yet good authors can convey a wide variety of emotion, thought, and sentiment in their writing. Maybe it isn't a failing of the internet, but of those that use it to properly convey their expressions?

I'm sure some people became very good at communicating through morse code.

..-. ..- -.-. -.- --- ..-. ..-. .- ... ... .... --- .-.. . .-.-.-
Mumbles

Postby dagrimreefah » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:58 am

dagrimreefah

Postby sabinati » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:18 am

--. --- / - --- / ..-. ..- -.-
sabinati

Postby Saif_Mahlik » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:34 am

MagicManICT wrote:
Saif_Mahlik wrote:\
Yes... I know, I was hoping you would gather and understand that by the sarcasm and irony in my sentence, but after all this is the internet, a place where we cannot see other peoples facial and body expressions as they account for 70% of the communication thus leading everyone to a disadvantage in understanding statements from the writers point of view which give sit a broad range of interpretations which has led to this unfortunate misunderstanding that I was being serious.

And yet good authors can convey a wide variety of emotion, thought, and sentiment in their writing. Maybe it isn't a failing of the internet, but of those that use it to properly convey their expressions?

Good point chap! Good point! However in this particular chat I did not feel the need to express such emotions in writing as it is a mere forum, however next time I shall make it more clear for the sake of avoiding such a communication breakdown.
Dead Beaten Horse.
Saif_Mahlik

Postby Jackard » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:37 pm

Saif_Mahlik wrote:Yes... I know, I was hoping you would gather and understand that by the sarcasm and irony in my sentence, but after all this is the internet, a place where we cannot see other peoples facial and body expressions as they account for 70% of the communication thus leading everyone to a disadvantage in understanding statements from the writers point of view which give sit a broad range of interpretations which has led to this unfortunate misunderstanding that I was being serious.

well that certainly justifies necroing a year old thread nineteen days late
Jackard

Postby Bludragon » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:45 am

sabinati wrote:--. --- / - --- / ..-. ..- -.-

hey thats what loosey/Nicolette always says in IRC :p
Bludragon

Postby NIGNOGNAG » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:11 am

Bludragon wrote:
sabinati wrote:--. --- / - --- / ..-. ..- -.-

hey thats what loosey/Nicolette always says in IRC :p

I didn't even look it up. Is it GO2FUK?
NIGNOGNAG

Postby bamump2k9 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:42 am

at first i was happy, happy that i could murder a hearthling and take his cave claim... but then i was sad when i found out it's a dead april fools day thread. Now i am angry that someone bumped it, and i feel i want to do physical harm to said player. Note that i didn't mention hearthling.
The sum of my experience is comprised up of more skeletons on my own claim then alot of you guys have wood blocks invested in your wall. But even though these skeles show i am a bad player- i still strive to continue through this vile territory in the hopes that one day i will have an army big enough to find you and murder all you know
xoxo ~bamump
bamump2k9

Postby Jackard » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:42 pm

bamump2k9 wrote:at first i was happy, happy that i could murder a hearthling and take his cave claim... but then i was sad when i found out it's a dead april fools day thread. Now i am angry that someone bumped it, and i feel i want to do physical harm to said player. Note that i didn't mention hearthling.

No see, bumping this thread was okay because it was a joke just like 90% of posts on this forum and it was bumped by someone else a year ago. Or if not that, because it was still on the first page. Or if not that, it's still okay because hey everybody is born imperfect and makes mistakes right???

Saif_Mahlik wrote:
Jackard wrote:The following is a warning which has been issued to you by an administrator or moderator of this site. This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=6&p=345435#p345435 .

That post was 2 days old, it was a joke just like 90% of posts on this forum. Not only that the thread was bumped by someone else and I just posted on it seem as its April.
Jackard wrote:"Post by ShadeMalice » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:29 am" Lie to me again?
Saif_Mahlik wrote:The thread was on the first page thats why I posted on it. Its not like I bumped it when it was on page 10 or something.
Jackard wrote:First page of the Announcements forum, you fucking idiot. There are threads from two-three years ago on the first page.
Saif_Mahlik wrote:No need to call me a "fucking idiot", every human makes mistakes, we are all imperfect and born that way. I just saw that it was April this month and clicked on the thread and thought it was April fools for this year (No need to make a new thread is there?). An honest mistake, I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me for this terrible, terrible mistake which has angered you and for that I apologize.
Jackard wrote:Your mistake is pestering me with all these bullshit excuses thinking that I give a damn. You could have left well enough alone but you repeatedly chose not to. Keep sticking your foot in your mouth and I'll probate you for mod sass + spam.
Jackard

Postby Saif_Mahlik » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:53 pm

Yeah everyone does make mistakes, its something all humans do and like I said I am sorry for hurting your feelings Jackard, you seem really emotional about this thread for some reason but I truly am sorry.

USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST
Last edited by Jackard on Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: gotta have the last word!!
Dead Beaten Horse.
Saif_Mahlik

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements