Slight update: Combat change

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Slight update: Combat change

Postby treehugger318 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:26 pm

cloakblade wrote:I don't like 1.0 as it might make 1 UA full melee builds viable with is kind of lame.

Yeah, fuck melee builds. In fact, just delete every melee skill and force everyone to go UA!

Why is it that melee builds need UA while unarmed builds don't need MC? That's what's lame.
treehugger318

Postby Kaios » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:48 pm

Probably because of the fact that a sword does waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more damage than unarmed.
Kaios

Postby treehugger318 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:11 pm

Kaios wrote:Probably because of the fact that a sword does waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more damage than unarmed.

Because damage matters so much in combat.
treehugger318

Postby b_anon » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:23 pm

treehugger318 wrote:
Kaios wrote:Probably because of the fact that a sword does waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more damage than unarmed.

Because damage matters so much in combat.

lulque?
b_anon

Postby Kaios » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:42 pm

Oh well there's no point in arguing with someone who doesn't have the slightest understanding of the system in the first place.
Kaios

Postby treehugger318 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:51 pm

By the time you're doing damage to your opponent, the fight is already over. Stop being so fucking ignorant and learn how to play before you talk.
treehugger318

Postby Kaios » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:27 am

Although I disagree with your point of view, as the fight is never over unless the person is KO'd (And sometimes not even then). Let's say for the sake of argument that you are correct, thus my point earlier (see me quoting my self below) is in fact correct and you are just agreeing with it making your whole argument null and void.

treehugger318, you are the weakest link. Goodbye.

Kaios

Postby DeadlyPencil » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:07 am

treehugger318 wrote:By the time you're doing damage to your opponent, the fight is already over. Stop being so fucking ignorant and learn how to play before you talk.

gaining defence is hard. once people start flexing each other, it is no longer possible to keep your defence up. meaning both players will deplete each others bar. Then if 1 guy has some melee and the other doesn't, he is dead, simple as that. the UA guy is doing like 30 damage a hit, while the other guy can 1 hit KO. it doesn't matter if he gets the first hit or not, if the other guy can also deplete his bar, then he cant kill him quicker.
DeadlyPencil

Postby treehugger318 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:15 am

Kaios wrote:Although I disagree with your point of view, as the fight is never over unless the person is KO'd (And sometimes not even then). Let's say for the sake of argument that you are correct, thus my point earlier (see me quoting my self below) is in fact correct and you are just agreeing with it making your whole argument null and void.

treehugger318, you are the weakest link. Goodbye.

Damage doesn't matter when you're only taking defense away. Your point is invalid. Goodbye.

DeadlyPencil wrote:gaining defence is hard. once people start flexing each other, it is no longer possible to keep your defence up. meaning both players will deplete each others bar. Then if 1 guy has some melee and the other doesn't, he is dead, simple as that. the UA guy is doing like 30 damage a hit, while the other guy can 1 hit KO. it doesn't matter if he gets the first hit or not, if the other guy can also deplete his bar, then he cant kill him quicker.

If 2 people have the same amount of LP, chances are the melee player will have less combat skills than the other one, because the melee player not only needs melee but also UA, unlike the unarmed player. Therefore the unarmed player will take the defense bar away sooner than the melee player and making the battle much easier for him. Not to mention he'll also gain IP and defense much faster.
treehugger318

Postby Kaios » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:20 am

treehugger318 wrote:Because damage matters so much in combat.

treehugger318 wrote:By the time you're doing damage to your opponent, the fight is already over. Stop being so fucking ignorant and learn how to play before you talk.

treehugger318 wrote:Damage doesn't matter when you're only taking defense away. Your point is invalid. Goodbye.

:|
Kaios

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements