Server hardware problem

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Server hardware problem

Postby tempwad » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:00 am

Sarchi wrote:Dunno, I was having a lot of lag today. Haven't noticed any difference.

yep, lags are back :?
trapped? masturbate.
tempwad

Postby painhertz » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:02 am

To anyone using either Windows Vista or Windows 7, before bitching about lag. Type Ctrl, Alt, Del and remove DWM from your system menu. You'll have to do it twice as it reasserts itself after the first removal. if that doesn't clear up your "lag", then it's actual lag.
"I shall PERSONALLY witness for you at the shiny, chrome gates of Valhalla!"
painhertz

Postby Tacheron » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:59 pm

So...eta on W6? :P I've been thinking of coming back to the game, but don't feel like doing it when everyone is already powerful.
This is not a test of power
This is not a game to be lost or won
Let justice be done
Tacheron

Postby cobaltjones » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:00 pm

Tacheron wrote:So...eta on W6? :P I've been thinking of coming back to the game, but don't feel like doing it when everyone is already powerful.

May-July 2012.
cobaltjones

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:26 am

cobaltjones wrote:
Tacheron wrote:So...eta on W6? :P I've been thinking of coming back to the game, but don't feel like doing it when everyone is already powerful.

May-July 2012.

I wouldn't give a date until we know what the release date is on Salem, and then you should pad it by about 3-4 months. (Not counting any database destroying problems in the meantime.)
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Tacheron » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:49 pm

I guess it makes sense. Besides, if Salem incorporates all of H&H's gameplay and improves upon it, a lot of people, including myself, might just opt to stick to Salem and forego H&H...
This is not a test of power
This is not a game to be lost or won
Let justice be done
Tacheron

Postby Potjeh » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:11 pm

Why does everyone assume that there'll be a reset immediately after Salem's release? They have at least 6 months worth of development work on Haven before they're ready for a reset.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby cobaltjones » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:20 pm

Potjeh wrote:Why does everyone assume that there'll be a reset immediately after Salem's release? They have at least 6 months worth of development work on Haven before they're ready for a reset.

6 months? Really?
cobaltjones

Postby Potjeh » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:29 pm

Well, unless you want another world with a macaroni art map generator, no real elevation (so no bridges), no seasons and no different climates.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby eliminator » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:10 pm

Potjeh wrote:Well, unless you want another world with a macaroni art map generator, no real elevation (so no bridges), no seasons and no different climates.

So there is no reset planned in following 6 months? I just love the time when everyone are noobs, no uber-brickwall-villages - and I don't want to miss the reset.
also penis-shaped lakes ftw!
eliminator

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements