Bugged Coal: Global Quality Reduction

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Bugged Coal: Global Quality Reduction

Postby Xybb » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:21 pm

Potjeh wrote:So, burgingham, who AFAIK didn't use his bugged stats to be a dick gets punished worse than Hermedicus, who went on a killing spree when you posted this (how are we supposed to take your threats seriously after this, BTW?):
If the persons engage in any criminal activity before this sentence has taken effect, they will be deleted.

He created a ton of headache for loftar and kept the server down for much longer than was necessary, because revival of dead characters is a long and hard process.

This makes no sense at all.

Anyway, mind telling us where they are now, LP-wise, rounded to nearest 10mil? I know this is private info, but they kinda forfeited that right when they exploited the bug.

I was at 10 million, and lost 6,7 million lp. Now I got less, then i would have had without using the bug.

That was before the fix, now every stat is halfed.

Edit: Forgot to calculate the lp lost in survival, with that and the other small stats I didn't calculate I lost ~7 million lp.
Xybb

Postby Potjeh » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:26 pm

Oh, that doesn't seem too bad. I thought you guys now have like 500 000 000 LP. I do hope your Dex and Psy weren't halved.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby Xybb » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:28 pm

Potjeh wrote:Oh, that doesn't seem too bad. I thought you guys now have like 500 000 000 LP. I do hope your Dex and Psy weren't halved.

They are halved, too. As I mentioned, our stats weren't that high.
Xybb

Postby Xybb » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:39 pm

My smithing is 0 -.- .
Xybb

Postby Potjeh » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:47 pm

Awesome XD
Keep it there, in case there's ever a metal item where worse is better (like for clogs).
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby loftar » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:07 pm

Potjeh wrote:So, burgingham, who AFAIK didn't use his bugged stats to be a dick gets punished worse than Hermedicus, who went on a killing spree when you posted this (how are we supposed to take your threats seriously after this, BTW?):
If the persons engage in any criminal activity before this sentence has taken effect, they will be deleted.

He created a ton of headache for loftar and kept the server down for much longer than was necessary, because revival of dead characters is a long and hard process.

Burgingham PM:ed my the same thing, but it was Jorb who did all the investigations and thus decided on the individual reductions, so I defer the question to him. He doesn't seem to be online yet, though; but it's probably just a matter of hours. Be it enough to say that if he made a mistake, it is possible for me to correct it.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby legendy » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:23 pm

Yes, I'd say that between Jorb's warning and the way he made the server stay down for way too long by using his bugchar to kill people randomly, Hermedicus deserves to have his character deleted.
legendy

Postby Potjeh » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:25 pm

Not to mention his antics pretty much denied us a dev session. Maybe we could've had travel writs, way to see q of built items or BOATS today if it wasn't for all this drama.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby Hermedicus » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:26 pm

puh im glad that nobody asked u for ur opinion
Hermedicus

Postby Devour » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Hermedicus wrote:puh im glad that nobody asked u for ur opinion

I think that's the opinion of 90% of the people on this board, to be perfectly honest.
Devour

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements