Planned downtime: Harddrive replacement

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Planned downtime: Harddrive replacement

Postby Tonkyhonk » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:23 pm

mattnoakes wrote:aye im not trying to load problems on ppl, its more just a question to the devs to see if they would consider it, and if so soon? (this is getting way off subject)

most of us know they wouldnt consider a world resetting just for you. and this is not the thread to talk about it either.
Tonkyhonk

Postby Amanda44 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:31 pm

mattnoakes wrote:
Amanda44 wrote:So what u r saying is that everyone who has worked hard four four months and built up a good village and strong community ties, all go to hell cos you are too lazy to walk around a bit and find a good spot! :o

There are still plenty of spaces, there are only two villages, 3 including mine, in my vicinity and all spread far enough apart to thrive without infringement on one another.

I suggest u travel further afield. I get really fed up with ppl wanting a new world every 5 mins!

clearly missing the point, when i can set sail on my main for a day straight and find nowhere remotely safe to build a new base in (forgetting quality of land), theres something wrong.

by all means if the devs have found a way to extend the current map to accomidate new people and maybe not spawn them next to a brick walled village of 15+ people without making a new world to do so then do it. but as far as iv read and experienced for the last 7 days a new worlds the only way to join into the game. (1 of those days spent 90% sailing for new land)

I'm sorry, what point am i missing?
I thought i had answered you by saying there are places available, just because you can't find them doesn't make them not there!
And even if every single block was taken up by other players what makes u so special that the world has to be reset for you?
You may then be able to find a good spot but meanwhile we've all lost ours - honestly, delusions of grandeur or what!
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby Lusewing » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:35 pm

Took me two days to find a spot for my village (just over a week old now) with good soil, mid clay and great water - I would hardly say that everywhere is taken.
Lusewing

Postby mattnoakes » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:36 pm

Tonkyhonk wrote:most of us know they wouldnt consider a world resetting just for you. and this is not the thread to talk about it either.

seriously people are missing the point like michael bay missed the mark when making pearl harbor.

i dont want them to make a new world just for me, because im not arogant and dont think purely of myself unlike some of you evidently do, i could of said "W7 restart plix just cus i say so" but i gave it context to highlight some glaring problems... doesnt mean im asking for a restart just because of my experiences. im sure theres plenty of people in the same boat as me judging by the 100+ posts on yesterdays thread about downtime asking about w7.

and as for this not being the thread to talk about it fair do's my point is made none the less im not here to argue.
mattnoakes

Postby Mastershake » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:39 pm

No world reset needed. If you need a place to stay, come to my village. Just two days old, 4 people big. We have great water, all resources, we have caves even. No neighbors, Nice big claim (About 50k LP in size) with a palisade beyond those boundaries. There are plenty other spots me and friends picked out that have 1. NO neighbors on the map, meaning no big village claims (Yes, I know the map may not be updated within a month maybe). There is no need for a reset, Just PM me and i'll hook you up. :)
Mastershake

Postby PaperHappen » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:42 pm

mattnoakes wrote:
Tonkyhonk wrote:most of us know they wouldnt consider a world resetting just for you. and this is not the thread to talk about it either.

seriously people are missing the point like michael bay missed the mark when making pearl harbor.

i dont want them to make a new world just for me, because im not arogant and dont think purely of myself unlike some of you evidently do, i could of said "W7 restart plix just cus i say so" but i gave it context to highlight some glaring problems... doesnt mean im asking for a restart just because of my experiences. im sure theres plenty of people in the same boat as me judging by the 100+ posts on yesterdays thread about downtime asking about w7.

and as for this not being the thread to talk about it fair do's my point is made none the less im not here to argue.

Do you know why people are asking for w7?
Because they are too lazy to do the work.
They've messed up their own characters so many times, it's not worth it to them except to start in a new world.
Because they think they are far too special than what they really are.
Either play the game, or quit till a new world comes up in it's own time.
And this thread isn't about a new world, I'm tired of hearing about your complaints when I'm waiting for updates.

And leave Micheal Bay out of this. Pearl Harbor wasn't as bad a movie as you seem to think therefore that analogy doesn't apply here.
All the angels sing because you're going to die....
PaperHappen

Postby mattnoakes » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:48 pm

PaperHappen wrote:And leave Micheal Bay out of this. Pearl Harbor wasn't as bad a movie as you seem to think therefore that analogy doesn't apply here.

this.

made everything worth it.
mattnoakes

Postby Tonkyhonk » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:49 pm

mattnoakes,

we all know what you are talking about, and it wont happen unless the data gets collapsed beyond fix.
and we all know devs do not want to restart the world until they can afford time for updates, which would be months away.
they didnt even want to start world 6 either, why would they now consider restarting after only a few months?
and if you havent already, read this for the reasoning. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=14667

its kinda funny you bring up pearl harbor with my name quoted lol
Tonkyhonk

Postby jupsto » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:53 pm

aww was hoping for w7

PaperHappen wrote:Do you know why people are asking for w7?
They've messed up their own characters so many times, it's not worth it to them except to start in a new world.

Umm I've NEVER died in haven or "messed up" my char, yet. albiet haven't played that much, couple weeks max. but game is hella more fun when world is new, because of bad game design.

I played bit start of w4 and w6 and there was actual wilderness. starting playing recently and every few steps there is another claim/village, half of which are dead/not active.
jupsto

Postby Amanda44 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:01 pm

PaperHappen wrote:
Do you know why people are asking for w7?
Because they are too lazy to do the work.
Because they think they are far too special than what they really are.
Either play the game, or quit till a new world comes up in it's own time.
And this thread isn't about a new world, I'm tired of hearing about your complaints when I'm waiting for updates.

And leave Micheal Bay out of this. Pearl Harbor wasn't as bad a movie as you seem to think therefore that analogy doesn't apply here.

Well said.

And mattnoakes you still haven't said what it is we are missing? You want W7 because you can't find a decent spot, most of us have addressed that in one way or another so seriously what point are we missing?
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements