Planned downtime: Harddrive replacement

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Planned downtime: Harddrive replacement

Postby mattnoakes » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:09 pm

Amanda44 wrote:
Well said.

And mattnoakes you still haven't said what it is we are missing? You want W7 because you can't find a decent spot, most of us have addressed that in one way or another so seriously what point are we missing?

you all seem to think i want a new world purely for my own gain when clearly there are a major ammount of people having the same trouble as me, dont go saying "youre too lazy to find a good spot" when i sailed my main around for 7 hours straight trying to find somewhere else to go irrespective of land quality. and as for a newcomer to a game asking them to sail for 7 hours on a game they barely know anything about is pretty shoddy. and yes i could wait until theres a fresh world and come back. but thats like telling a man breakfast is downstairs and he cant eat it for 4 days.
mattnoakes

Postby Kriegwolf » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:10 pm

I bet they say the want World 7 because we, the people, garbage the planet so much. And well, they got the point. Unfortunately, not enough for a world reset. And there's no reason to do it. NO WORLD 7 UNTIL OVERHAUL.
Kriegwolf

Postby sabinati » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:12 pm

a whole 7 hours huh? wow
sabinati

Postby mattnoakes » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:16 pm

actually back to an earlier point i couldnt give a crap if W7 comes about. a better fix would to be to add some way to generate new land when a player walks within say 1000 blocks of it. i dont want everyone to lose what they have worked for because that benefits NO ONE. ontop of making a system to generate new land you could also implement a new spawning system that you maybe check san option when in the beginner cave to say spawn anywhere or to spawn away from people.
mattnoakes

Postby krikke93 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:18 pm

mattnoakes wrote:
Amanda44 wrote:
Well said.

And mattnoakes you still haven't said what it is we are missing? You want W7 because you can't find a decent spot, most of us have addressed that in one way or another so seriously what point are we missing?

you all seem to think i want a new world purely for my own gain when clearly there are a major ammount of people having the same trouble as me, dont go saying "youre too lazy to find a good spot" when i sailed my main around for 7 hours straight trying to find somewhere else to go irrespective of land quality. and as for a newcomer to a game asking them to sail for 7 hours on a game they barely know anything about is pretty shoddy. and yes i could wait until theres a fresh world and come back. but thats like telling a man breakfast is downstairs and he cant eat it for 4 days.

Gotta live with it. Hnh is a nice game and unique in its kind (except for some games that look a bit like it) but comes with (great) dissapointments from time to time.
Hope you have a great day
krikke93

Postby Yxunomei » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:19 pm

I started not three days ago, I have found a great place to start. Onlything missing is water quality. I don't know what everyone complains about when they say they can't find a place. I found several areas worth settling on.
Yxunomei

Postby krikke93 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:21 pm

Yxunomei wrote:I started not three days ago, I have found a great place to start. Onlything missing is water quality. I don't know what everyone complains about when they say they can't find a place. I found several areas worth settling on.

depends on your location world-wide. If you live in a well-populated area, you will probably not find any good resources or caves. If you live at the edge, you will find some more areas to settle on.
Lucky or not.
krikke93

Postby Kriegwolf » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:34 pm

If you find a good spot, you'll get kicked outta there in a few moments, seriously.
Kriegwolf

Postby krikke93 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:36 pm

Kriegwolf wrote:If you find a good spot, you'll get kicked outta there in a few moments, seriously.

Probably because the good spots are spots where a village used to be. And that village was probably flattened by a capital city like DIS.
Conclusion: You'll get flattened also.
krikke93

Postby Kriegwolf » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:37 pm

So DIS is the new Sodom, kinda?
Kriegwolf

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements