Planned downtime: OS upgrade

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Planned downtime: OS upgrade

Postby Horseguy » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:31 pm

Guys...i know that someone already explained that but...why so much lag on Haven?The persons online on Havan usually passed the 250, now only a few persons play...why so much lag?
Brazil Force!
Horseguy

Postby BallisticMeat » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:44 pm

If you know its been explained, why ask? Take a few minutes and look around for the multiple threads that talk about the lag

Its becoming quite annoying having people ask about the lag every other thread :(
BallisticMeat

Postby Horseguy » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:48 pm

BallisticMeat wrote:If you know its been explained, why ask? Take a few minutes and look around for the multiple threads that talk about the lag

Its becoming quite annoying having people ask about the lag every other thread :(

I already look for that but i don't find...
Brazil Force!
Horseguy

Postby zacty » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:31 pm

if you dont find then you havent looked
i really need to find a good signature
zacty

Postby Ogrim » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:12 pm

All I want for Christmas is...

Haven & Hearth

(Merry Christmas Jorb and Loftar)
Ogrim

Postby Horseguy » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:45 am

Haven & Hearth without lag on christmas to everyone !!That sounds nice...
Brazil Force!
Horseguy

Postby Belcanzor » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:23 am

And who play Salem then?
Nope, there is no way they fix this if we dont make a blood oath promising play Salem 2 hs every day if they fix H&H.
Or you really believe the game is magically broken just the day they work on the other game? :twisted:
Belcanzor

Postby TeckXKnight » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:54 am

Belcanzor wrote:And who play Salem then?
Nope, there is no way they fix this if we dont make a blood oath promising play Salem 2 hs every day if they fix H&H.
Or you really believe the game is magically broken just the day they work on the other game? :twisted:

Actually it took just over a year before Haven started seeing serious lag issues. Since then they've fluxed depending on how much work we've gotten from loftar on the subject and hardware malfunctions. Both harddrive deaths caused a worse environment until they were replaced. Prior to this, most of Haven was actually pretty laggy too. Worlds 1, 2, and much of 3 were pretty laggy. Perhaps never quite as laggy as this but it was there. Starting with late World 3 and going into Worlds 4 and 5 the lag was remedied. World 6 is when the problems started again.

Mind you that World 4 was a very short lived world so the bulk of the lag-free environment was centered in World 5. =)
TeckXKnight

Postby Tonkyhonk » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:02 am

not sure about w1&2, but the cause of w3 lag was different. i think it was more about the capacity or something and 300+ players online almost always crashed the server back then. (we were always checking player counts while playing.) after moving to the current server, the lag stopped in w3 iirc. and either w4 or w5, i dont remember now, could hold more than a thousand players and no problems were seen, at least lag-wise.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4691&start=2270
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12056
on the other hand, the current lag issue is about I/O configuration or whatsoever as loftar called it, which i have no idea what that is about, and i believe loftar has been working on it for quite some time already to root the cause.
Tonkyhonk

Postby TeckXKnight » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:34 am

You're right, w3 more or less capped out at 250 players before it started to chug to a halt. W4 we saw as many as 1.5k players on without lag.
TeckXKnight

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements