Maintenance downtime: Harddrive replacement (sigh)

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Maintenance downtime: Harddrive replacement (sigh)

Postby Alex_Raven » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:15 pm

FictionRyu wrote:LMAO. I'm talking nonsense? The right team of people or the right person can come along, steal this game, make HUGE profit.

The right team of people could make such a game from scratch in about 6 month. But they didn't all these years. Why?

FictionRyu wrote:This game is an innovative game. As is there's not really anything like it other than Salem. Even that's being harshly criticized.

This game is like Drawf Fortress/Gnomoria/many other clones, but with the direct control. Where's innovations?

FictionRyu wrote:Someone can come along and fix the lag. You know how many people will come flocking back once the lag is gone? I know my good friend and I would come back to playing this game if the lag were to be fixed.

I remember days back then without lag. Online was double current amount, at about 500-600.

FictionRyu wrote:It could be easier to make a clone, but to a business man, he'd see it to be a better profit to just fix the existing problems and throw in a few bones for the old dogs who play still.

The businessman will know that he pay people for 6 month and have the game up and running.
Or he pays the men 6 month and MAYBE they'd manage to succeed in refactoring/revamping the game by that time.

FictionRyu wrote: this game could {theoretically} be as big as say Runescape. Or WoW.

Nah, you are definitely talking nonsense.
I think it is a must to revrite the game from scratch to allow onlines over 1000.
Last edited by Alex_Raven on Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alex_Raven

Postby FictionRyu » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:11 pm

Alright, you are a game developer after-all, so you'd know more about what it'd take to make a game and such, unlike me who's probably just been talking out his ass.

Just because noone's come to take this game in the past 2(?) years that this game has been going, doesn't mean it's unlikely that noone ever will.

This game only has a small audience. It's not you go to a gamers club in a local small town and they'd know instantly what game you're talking about. So, there's that when talking about why noone's bought this or something.
Scooby Doo taught us that the real monsters are humans.
FictionRyu

Postby zacty » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:10 am

fiction has a point, this game does a good job appealing to the right audience, that audience just is NOT very big. im going to go on a guess and say about 80k of the 100k accounts made for this game are individuals, thats 80 thousand people who have, at some point, played this game. and how many people played this game at its peak? roughly a thousand, consecutively. how many play now? at MOST 100 consecutively, and thats on a good day. while this game has potential, the crowd just is not big enough for any real company to come and even look at buying this (thank god, nobody could do half as good as jorbtar could if they would just FUCKING WORK ON THIS GAME YOU CUNTS) *ahem* sorry, anyway, its not like this game would benefit from a big company ruining it
i really need to find a good signature
zacty

Postby Schro » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:43 am

@FictionRyu
Did you try Wurm Online? Its very much like Salem. More complex, and first person, but uglier and much slower in development.

I just want Loftar&Jorb to take their time with Salem, so it can become good enough to fund Haven&hearth2 :) (or just make a Kickstarter lol)
Anyway, if its not fun for you in it's current state, there's plenty of other fish in the sea. Towns for example isn't bad either. A mixture of Dwarf Fortress and Majesty.
Dwarf Fortress' next huge update is on the horizon, too. And I heard, Wurm Online will get 1.0 soon, losing much of its ugliness by then.
And then there's a bagillion of interesting Kickstarter-Titles on it's way
Patience young padawans.
Behold the power of ADHD and autism combined.(fml)
Schro

Postby FictionRyu » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:24 pm

Schro wrote:@FictionRyu
Did you try Wurm Online? Its very much like Salem. More complex, and first person, but uglier and much slower in development.

Yes, I actually have tried it before. Didn't like it very much. Plus I'm not that much into first-person.
Scooby Doo taught us that the real monsters are humans.
FictionRyu

Postby g1real » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:11 am

I just want Loftar&Jorb to take their time with Salem, so it can become good enough to fund Haven&hearth2 :) (or just make a Kickstarter lol)
Anyway, if its not fun for you in it's current state, there's plenty of other fish in the sea. Towns for example isn't bad either. A mixture of Dwarf Fortress and Majesty.
Dwarf Fortress' next huge update is on the horizon, too. And I heard, Wurm Online will get 1.0 soon, losing much of its ugliness by then.
Patience young padawans.

Salem is for all intents and purposes, H&H 2
loftar: The inner chaos of the Jorbian mind is hard to conceal. :)
jorb: It's called creative license. You know, that thing you seem to want to apply to logic, grammar and coherence? :)
g1real

Postby nytro » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:37 pm

g1real wrote:Salem is for all intents and purposes, H&H 2

Close but no taco.
jorb wrote:Haven is not Salem.
nytro

Postby painhertz » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:49 pm

g1real wrote:

Patience young padawans.

You are a fucking moron. Salem couldn't lick Haven's balls, the only thing keeping Haven from having larger server numbers is the lag.
"I shall PERSONALLY witness for you at the shiny, chrome gates of Valhalla!"
painhertz

Postby dagrimreefah » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:04 pm

painhertz wrote:
g1real wrote:

You are a fucking moron. Salem couldn't lick Haven's balls, the only thing keeping Haven from having larger server numbers is the lag.

So much truth.
dagrimreefah

Postby jordancoles » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:24 pm

dagrimreefah wrote:
painhertz wrote:
g1real wrote:

So much truth.

Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements