Game Development: World 7

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: World 7

Postby VDZ » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:59 am

tripp3 wrote:Well if you are a noob like i was, and you come to a village claim and get your boat stuck (i didn't know boats got stuck on claims) and you ask a guy for help just to move the boat and he snipes you with 1 hit and you have to start all over, it's a bit discouraging. :cry: :cry: It just seems like people who start late are already at too much of a disadvantage.

Nah, it's a matter of experience, not timing. I'm not sure which world it was, but shortly after a world reset I started playing again with a (mostly newbish) group, thinking we were safe because there wouldn't be stuff like palibashers (people strong enough to destroy palisades without a ram) any time soon. Boy, were we wrong. There were already palibashers before we could even start considering making a brickwall.

There will always be people out there who can kill you easily in Haven. Just learn to deal with it; build up defenses to discourage (to emphasize: discourage, not prevent) people from messing with you and unless you cause trouble you'll be okay.
VDZ

Postby zajcew » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:34 pm

But now it is rylly hard to start, try it 5 times and all time some1 kill me atfer week, so i cant even imagine how can i build brick wall. Make restet lot of players w8 for it
zajcew

Postby TeckXKnight » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:09 pm

VDZ wrote:Nah, it's a matter of experience, not timing. I'm not sure which world it was, but shortly after a world reset I started playing again with a (mostly newbish) group, thinking we were safe because there wouldn't be stuff like palibashers (people strong enough to destroy palisades without a ram) any time soon. Boy, were we wrong. There were already palibashers before we could even start considering making a brickwall.

There will always be people out there who can kill you easily in Haven. Just learn to deal with it; build up defenses to discourage (to emphasize: discourage, not prevent) people from messing with you and unless you cause trouble you'll be okay.

I'd argue that early world is more hostile than the late world. Late world everyone just sort of sits around bored. Early world everyone and their mother is looking to cause trouble. You're kidding yourself if you think there aren't people with murder by day 2/3 and those who will KO you until you die by day 1. We laugh about the harassment but even getting to yeomanry is difficult at the start because of how heavily everyone will attack and sabotage you. World 5 my group tried to play nice but we eventually had to surround a lot with alts and hearthfires so we could dry and tan a few rabbit skins without everything being stolen and destroyed. Late world, dying means you're usually immediately next to a raider or within distance of their daily travels. Early world they'll find you no matter where you hide.

A big misconception is that at the start of the world we're all on even footing. Please believe me when I say that large, dedicated groups with a number of no-lifers and good bots will never be on the same footing as you no matter when either of you starts. Pandemonium had its brickwall up by day 2 in world 5. There were players with murder and over 1m lp on day 1 of World 4. To maximize my time I multi-client 4 characters at once to streamline wall/brick construction/production. Safety is not guaranteed no matter how early you start.
TeckXKnight

Postby Bob_the_Cat » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:02 pm

TeckXKnight wrote: and good bots will never be on the same footing as you no matter when either of you starts.

I'm glad to know that the only way to be good in this game is by botting >.>...

But on the note of early world, I think the main thing that makes it feel more safe is that besides the villages, there are A LOT of really crappy players that come to play because its a new world. So a lot more % of the population isnt a dragon helmer with a battleaxe trying to stomp your face. So although it isnt actually more safe, if feels more safe.
Bob_the_Cat

Postby tripp3 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:59 pm

I accepted the concept of everyone not being equal, but when you are in your 20's/30's and know how to program and code and stuff(for a living), and you have an army of bots who forage without you even sitting at the keyboard, it really doesn't even compare with people like me, who can barely support 2 characters. It's like losing a battle before you even start, which I also learned the hard way.
Sweet tea and anime
tripp3

Postby TeckXKnight » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:30 am

Bob_the_Cat wrote:I'm glad to know that the only way to be good in this game is by botting >.>...

To pretend like bots don't exist and that they don't give an advantage would be bold faced lying. To compete with bots you have to have manage the number of tasks that they perform either as efficiently or more efficiently. That takes lots of people, no-lifers, and a little bit of luck. The problem is when the botters, no-lifers, and lucky son-of-a-bitches all join a village together and now that's what you're facing.
TeckXKnight

Postby tripp3 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:59 am

TeckXKnight wrote:
Bob_the_Cat wrote:I'm glad to know that the only way to be good in this game is by botting >.>...

To pretend like bots don't exist and that they don't give an advantage would be bold faced lying. To compete with bots you have to have manage the number of tasks that they perform either as efficiently or more efficiently. That takes lots of people, no-lifers, and a little bit of luck. The problem is when the botters, no-lifers, and lucky son-of-a-bitches all join a village together and now that's what you're facing.

I agree. villages like that are definitely a problem. I think I know what you're getting at.
Sweet tea and anime
tripp3

Postby Lazun123 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:36 am

wow even mentioning wipes gets you not only raged at, but threatened with bans O_o. A new world, deadly or not is more alive, more active. There are multiple people mentioning a wipe, the game is literally being suffocated by the guys with profile pics, 1000+uac and bots. Those 30 top dogs are driving away new players and anybody who doesn't want to cheat to play. There are countless stories that new plays keep posting all over these forums of how the game needs a world wipe. Or that they get raped with no chance of surviving an encounter of 400str+ pali buster alt with a 1k auc dragon helm main or pvp alt. This game has such potential but nobody is hearing about this game guys, the new players get turned off by the same guys with the profile pics, 1000uac boters.
Lazun123

Postby Potjeh » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:39 am

Because we get a when's wipe thread every couple of days. Don't spam, do some goddamn research instead. You are not posting anything we haven't seen a thousand times before.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby Jackard » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:42 pm

Lazun123 wrote:wow even mentioning wipes gets you not only raged at, but threatened with bans O_o.

Please read the rules stickied at the top of every forum! Stay in school, kids!
Jackard

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements