Mini-feature: Planting and Harvesting

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Mini-feature: Planting and Harvesting

Postby lazerdix » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:43 am

loftar wrote:
lazerdix wrote:you know what would be really great? ditching the slow, cumbersome radial menus entirely. I think that would be a great idea and a great way to avoid carpal tunnel!

How, then, would you suggest that choosing one of multiple options should be done?

Delamore wrote:
loftar wrote:
Delamore wrote:Possibly reverse it and use ctrl+right click as the use function, in that case a user would be required to know that they are going to use it and won't happen by mistake.

That's not too bad an idea, actually. Of course, it would conflict with the general "drop" action for inventory items, but since I'm not using Alt for anything...

The way shift and ctrl click works in inventories is a great example of what the rest of the system needs to be.

I would suggest this. It is a good way of explaining a concept I could not sufficiently explain myself. I mean you can keep the radial menu I guess but ctrl and shift clicks to skip the menu would be grand. Take starcraft or and MMO for instance, actions from "expert" players are rarely initiated via menu, because it's a colossal waste of time (which is the most important resource in a game like this).
lazerdix

Re: Mini-feature: Planting and Harvesting

Postby CG62 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:48 am

I generally dislike the radial menus. They look pretty, but their less-than-optimal in terms of efficiency. 'specially when you get a tad of lag when you try and open one, or if your menu is at the edge of your monitor (Happens to me most of the time I play due to having at least 4 STEAM chat windows open at once :x )

EDIT:

Off topic: I learned that SHIFT+DOWNSCROLL = Back. The inverse is also true.
CG62

Previous

Return to Announcements