iorb --> Sgt. Dickscrape

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: iorb --> Sgt. Dickscrape

Postby Laremere » Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:39 pm

Chakravanti wrote:I should just like to take this moment to remind people that this thread is so obviously about jorb being butt-hurt for being impersonated while not giving two shits if it happens to me or the rest of you. You can veer back off topic now.

I'd like to take this moment to remind you that you bumped a topic that was already 19 days dead.
Laremere

Postby Jackard » Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:42 pm

it still lives on in his heart
Jackard

Postby NaoWhut » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:23 pm

It shall live on in all of our hearts,
for it is, will be, and always has been
the ONLY 'iorb --> Sgt. Dickscrape'.
ImageImage
NaoWhut

Postby jorb » Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:00 am

Chakravanti wrote:I should just like to take this moment to remind people that this thread is so obviously about jorb being butt-hurt for being impersonated while not giving two shits if it happens to me or the rest of you. You can veer back off topic now.

I think you will agree that me being impersonated is worse than you being impersonated. I also think you will agree that there is somewhat of a difference between the forums -- where namespace monopoly theoretically should prevent impersonation -- and the ingame world where -- intentionally -- no effort what so ever has been made to prevent it. I also suggest you think for five seconds before you clutch at whatever inane straw you can find to psychologically retrofit your betrayal of Xanadu with a logical reason -- me being a meanie -- when the only motive you actually had at the time was cowardice -- you being a pussy.

;)
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Chakravanti » Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:15 am

Because you spent so much time in game and on IRC to understand what was REALLY going down. I could justify my actions but I really don't care to. Mostly, because now that you've added decaying scents you can't kill me without excessive subterfuge. Which, I will give, is something Xanadu is quite proficient at planning. Sure you could come in and fuck shit up in Innsmouth but Xanadu's PR is shitty at best right now. Another reason not killing me was a wise decision on Xanadu's part.

IF ANYONE on this game suffers as much from impersonation in game to a level that rivals what happened to you....twice...then it's me, and innsmouth. Probably not as much right now but in a week or two if I keep playing I will be right back where I was trading. My name & my reputation, despite what you might think, are something of value in and of themselves in H&H because of the absolutely massive quantity of trading I preformed and the relationships I established.
Well what is this that I can't see
With ice cold hands takin' hold of me
Well I am death, none can excel
-Ralph Stanley, O Death!
Chakravanti

Postby jorb » Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:26 am

Chakravanti wrote:hurrf durrf

Point was: Ingame impersonation is not something I mind, forum impersonation is.

Point also was: I develop this game. What I say, or what someone impersonating me says, actually matters.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

jorb

Postby Delamore » Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:40 am

jorb wrote:

I think you will agree that me being impersonated is worse than you being impersonated. I also think you will agree that there is somewhat of a difference between the forums -- where namespace monopoly theoretically should prevent impersonation -- and the ingame world where -- intentionally -- no effort what so ever has been made to prevent it. I also suggest you think for five seconds before you clutch at whatever inane straw you can find to psychologically retrofit your betrayal of Xanadu with a logical reason -- me being a meanie -- when the only motive you actually had at the time was cowardice -- you being a pussy.

;)

"Wah wah wah we can't stop Xanadu members turning on Xanadu because it's so damn boring over here"
Goons are just more fun than Xanadu, Chakravanti knew it and so should everyone.
Delamore

Postby jorb » Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:43 am

Delamore wrote:mmfllwumm mmwwllfoom

What's that? I can't hear you with all that dick in your mouth! ;)

Edit: And to think that would be post 1000. How fitting.

jorb

Postby Delamore » Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:47 am

jorb wrote:
Delamore wrote:mmfllwumm mmwwllfoom

What's that? I can't hear you with all that dick in your mouth! ;)

No wonder your town is falling apart, their leader is so side tracked by the sex life of the otherside.
Now you just have to draw a dick in monocle mans mouth and the circle will be complete.
Delamore

Postby CG62 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:55 am

A dev involved in a flame-fest.

It's all the more amusing to me considering I have no idea what anyone's talking about.

As an aside, new avatar's pretty cool, Jorb.
CG62

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements