Game Development: Bye, bye, Brodgar.

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Bye, bye, Brodgar.

Postby Delamore » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:35 am

niltrias wrote:I suppose it is a trade-off. Villages with charter stones can not hide their locations, but will have better access to new players, and hence likely higher populations, than those who do without.

So hidden villages have fewer people, on average, and public ones have more, but less security. Sounds about right to me.

Oh great, so the goons that were hated from day one and fucked by everyone from day one should not be able to hide their location?
Delamore

Postby niltrias » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:37 am

Doesnt follow.
Hide away, just dont put a charter stone in your town square.
Put it in your educational facility, bring them out to Chernobyl when they are ready to survive the trip.
<Marcher Lord>
Dogs! Oh god, please give us DOGS!
There are those who press on with the ardor of beer, and those who are faint with thirst.
niltrias

Postby Delamore » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:39 am

niltrias wrote:Doesnt follow.
Put it in your educational facility, bring them out to Chernobyl when they are ready to survive the trip.

"hey please keep playing this game that has a terrible turn over rate and almost everyone quits even when they're in town because it's tough to get into."
"Oh yeah you're going to be spending your first few days in this small area that 10 other people cut down all the trees before you and then when you're done that you're gonna take a 2 hour boat ride!"
"Hey why don't we have any players?"
Delamore

Postby Jackard » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:39 am

niltrias wrote:Doesnt follow.

lol

you realize the training camp is less than a minute from the Ring? why would we make one there when the City of Brodgar will do it for us?
Last edited by Jackard on Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jackard

Postby Gaiadin » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:40 am

My concern: Suppose a new player chooses a charter stone and unwittingly picks up an item somewhere before they are invited to the village. Then the village decides they don't want to accept that newbie. The new player is just stuck potentially in a level X wilderness with no village and no idea where to go or what to do.

Additionally suppose I'm a wicked jackass and I build my charter stone inside a walled compound which I keep supplied with little goodies lying all over the place. A new character couldn't help but pick them up to see what they are, effectively trapping themselves inside my prison of hate?
Gaiadin

Postby Jackard » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:41 am

Gaiadin wrote:Additionally suppose I'm a wicked jackass and I build my charter stone inside a walled compound which I keep supplied with little goodies lying all over the place. A new character couldn't help but pick them up to see what they are, effectively trapping themselves inside my prison of hate?

look man stop stealing my jokes from Ventrilo
Jackard

Postby niltrias » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:41 am

Jackard wrote:lol

you realize the training camp is less than a minute from the Ring? why would we make one there when Brodgar will do it for us?

lol

You realize what the name of this thread is, right?
Edit -- Just caught the ninja edit.
Last edited by niltrias on Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<Marcher Lord>
Dogs! Oh god, please give us DOGS!
There are those who press on with the ardor of beer, and those who are faint with thirst.
niltrias

Postby Delamore » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:43 am

niltrias wrote:
Jackard wrote:lol

you realize the training camp is less than a minute from the Ring? why would we make one there when the City of Brodgar will do it for us?

lol

You realize what the name of this thread is, right?

Way to skip over me completely dismantling your idea.
Delamore

Postby Jackard » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:44 am

Brodgar isn't going anywhere because the city is just going to build a charterstone

Where is your title now?
Jackard

Postby Gaiadin » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:49 am

What about a closed vs. open system where village leaders could assign a password to their charter stone and when a new player would choose that stone they must supply the password. This way villages could maintain their location's anonymity while still being ale to recruit from outside sources.
Gaiadin

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements