Game Development: Keeping up with the Joneses

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Keeping up with the Joneses

Postby Resture » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:50 am

niiice update. thanks jobtar
Resture

Postby kimpin0623 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:32 am

one question, will destroying corpse drop head?
kimpin0623

Postby Jackard » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:49 am

Sounds like nice fixes.
Jackard

Postby Tacheron » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:20 am

Being as these fixes are here to actually fix something, I assume the house "drying" time was implemented to prevent the building of houses in front of gates, like some people (mis)used them. So my question is - why include mansions in that "fix"? I mean - you believe someone will take the time to actually build a mansion in order to grief like that? The sheer amount of stuff needed (transportation wise and material wise) doesn't really make it an optimal bug abuse tool and tbh - if someone went to the trouble of building a mansion in front of someone's gate, maybe that gate deserves to be closed :lol:
This is not a test of power
This is not a game to be lost or won
Let justice be done
Tacheron

Postby _Gunnar » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:38 am

great job, thanks a lot :)
_Gunnar

Postby ValerieHallaway » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:42 am

Prais
________
Valhalla awaits.
ValerieHallaway

Postby AnnaC » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:03 am

Did the gameworld calendar reset to Day 0 because of this update or is that a bug?
Hearthlings: Marona; Chamberlain (retainer alt), Vincavec (shaman of the Dryad Wells Forest)
AnnaC

Postby Sevenless » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:21 am

Tacheron wrote:Being as these fixes are here to actually fix something, I assume the house "drying" time was implemented to prevent the building of houses in front of gates, like some people (mis)used them. So my question is - why include mansions in that "fix"? I mean - you believe someone will take the time to actually build a mansion in order to grief like that? The sheer amount of stuff needed (transportation wise and material wise) doesn't really make it an optimal bug abuse tool and tbh - if someone went to the trouble of building a mansion in front of someone's gate, maybe that gate deserves to be closed :lol:

Gotta keep the mechanic uniform. Things are complex enough around here already.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Tonkyhonk » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:29 am

Tacheron wrote:So my question is - why include mansions in that "fix"? I mean - you believe someone will take the time to actually build a mansion in order to grief like that? The sheer amount of stuff needed (transportation wise and material wise) doesn't really make it an optimal bug abuse tool and tbh - if someone went to the trouble of building a mansion in front of someone's gate, maybe that gate deserves to be closed :lol:

well, possible. Pande & Ainran did place a brick cornerpost to keep their ram to fight Dis vault in the previous world, and they were not supposed to be exactly the group who tried to exploit the feature. When it comes to those hardcore abusers/exploiters who believe "no fixes mean feature", i would not doubt they would do anything available to win.
Tonkyhonk

Postby jorb » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:29 am

For the record I don't really want to have shitty building restrictions on otherwise nice things. If Haven had a better object system we would probably have gone for a solution where the houses' soak is initially low instead.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements