Game Development: Keeping up with the Joneses

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Keeping up with the Joneses

Postby btaylor » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:40 am

AnnaC wrote:I'm not saying I have a problem drying hides I'm just saying since chairs can't be built outside anymore there is no way to recover stamina in the extreme early game anymore except if you're lucky enough to spawn near birch. This is a minor detail obviously but it's a small detail that has been overlooked and caused by many fixes on other things over the years.

Dry a rabbit skin or find one in a noob's camp. Instant waterskin.
The unfed mind devours itself. - Gore Vidal
btaylor

Postby AnnaC » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:47 am

btaylor wrote:
AnnaC wrote:I'm not saying I have a problem drying hides I'm just saying since chairs can't be built outside anymore there is no way to recover stamina in the extreme early game anymore except if you're lucky enough to spawn near birch. This is a minor detail obviously but it's a small detail that has been overlooked and caused by many fixes on other things over the years.

Dry a rabbit skin or find one in a noob's camp. Instant waterskin.

That's actually what I did, I lucked out and first little camp I found had a dry rabbit skin (I left two fresh skins on the rack behind as compensation, although two real-days later those 2 skins were still on the rack so I figured by that point it was fair game.
Hearthlings: Marona; Chamberlain (retainer alt), Vincavec (shaman of the Dryad Wells Forest)
AnnaC

Postby Oddity » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:04 am

Grimreepr wrote:I might check back in a couple of years, but the way this game is headed, unless changes are made, it will be back to the end of world six with maybe 50 people playing within a couple months.

We will have Haven v2.0 soon™.
jadamkaz wrote:ah i remember my run in with odditown they are good ppl im sure the only reason they killed ME is because they are troll hunters and i was a troll
Oddity

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:43 am

Oddity wrote:
Grimreepr wrote:I might check back in a couple of years, but the way this game is headed, unless changes are made, it will be back to the end of world six with maybe 50 people playing within a couple months.

Isn't that called "Salem"? :P

<ducks the incoming rotten vegetables and used condoms>
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby RJT » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:53 am

MagicManICT wrote:
Oddity wrote:

<ducks the incoming rotten vegetables and used condoms>

die in a fire plz
[8:21:56 PM] Ravian: We didn't run
[8:22:04 PM] Ravian: We left in the other direction
http://strawpoll.me/6822558
Stand against tyranny, Brothers and sisters. Rise!
RJT

Postby Jojjkano » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:59 am

Flame wrote:Let's give an example. The classic Arrow Tower.

Whats the difference between a arrow tower and the current hhp damage when leaving scents?
Jojjkano

Postby Tonkyhonk » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:24 pm

MagicManICT wrote:
Oddity wrote:We will have Haven v2.0 soon™.

nope, different. loftar calls salem salem, and the future haven haven2.
just earlier today, or your yesterday
#haven wrote:12:59 Oddity > hey loftar which game(s) are you working on right now?
12:59 Oddity > Tell us a little about what you're doing <3 ,3 <3
12:59 Oddity > Beanieman you too, friendguy
13:00 loftar > I'm working on underlying code right now, as I usually do these days. It will remain to be seen which games it ends up in. :)
13:01 loftar > Haven 2 at the very least, in all likelyhood.
13:01 Tonky > loftar, could you please fix the weather here? its almost killing me at work
13:01 loftar > Sorry, I'd like to fix the weather over here first. It's almost killing me at work. ^^
13:02 Tonky > you work at home :(
13:02 loftar > Indeed, so it's killing me at work. :)

13:06 loftar > My room can get to 27-30 degrees or so, which is when I break down.

13:20 loftar > Yeah, I can't imagine how anyone can get anything at all done in that temperature. My brain stops working at 30°.

maybe we need to start a new donation relay to get him an air conditioning or pray svenska summer ends asap.
Tonkyhonk

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:07 pm

Aye, it was a joke. And I can see that the forums took it in the spirit I intended it. :lol:

I'd say come to where I am. We're having unseasonable cool weather here, but compared to Scandinavian countries, it's sweltering hot still (low-mid 30s C).
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Flame » Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:17 am

Whats the difference between a arrow tower and the current hhp damage when leaving scents?

The answer: Everything. XD
Did you really readed the post? No matter how big is your claim or your influence. A tower can be build only along the wall and you can't build more than some towers per screen (or just 1 tower at screen).
Plus it can't shoot you if you're not enough near the wall.
Basically it defende a couple of tile near the walls. Nothing else, nothing less, and as i told in the previous post,isn't enough strong to stop a real raid. It just prevent an abuse of delicate mechanisms of freedom, giving to the player the will to defende himself against any wild walls abuses. A ram will easily smash a wall also if ther's a tower, 'cuz raids are legit and the game don't have to play for you. Afterall this is a war game (also).

You missed the whole post or you readed it too fastly, probably.
Yes, the new scents system add a sort of "defence" system to the game but that was just an understimate "collateral effect" of the update. The scent update is an abuse of metagame from devs and brings only more unpredicatibility on what's gonna happen next. That wase made to "prevent server overload" or how it's called. It wasn't born to defende anything and that's evidenced by how it turns in game.

A trout and a shark are both fishes, but you can't call them "the same thing" ;3
Flame

Postby btaylor » Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:35 am

Get on this, loftar.

The unfed mind devours itself. - Gore Vidal
btaylor

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements