Game Development: All Hallows' Eve

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: All Hallows' Eve

Postby kobnach » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:00 am

loftar wrote:The lure, hook and line each have a 1% chance of breaking each time you fish. (Except, at least for now, when using baits instead of lures, in which case only the bait is lost)

So, I used my spiffy new rod 3 times. The first two produced nothing. The third left me with neither lure nor hook nor line, though it did produce a fish. Is this what is supposed to happen when a line breaks?
kobnach

Postby loftar » Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:11 am

kobnach wrote:The third left me with neither lure nor hook nor line, though it did produce a fish. Is this what is supposed to happen when a line breaks?

Srsly? That's like a 1 in 10000-1000000 chance (depending on how you count). Each time you fish with lure, there is a 1% chance that the line, hook or lure breaks. Of course, it could actually be argued that the lure and hook should be lost if the line breaks, but it isn't so right now.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby kobnach » Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:58 am

loftar wrote:
kobnach wrote:The third left me with neither lure nor hook nor line, though it did produce a fish. Is this what is supposed to happen when a line breaks?

Srsly? That's like a 1 in 10000-1000000 chance (depending on how you count). Each time you fish with lure, there is a 1% chance that the line, hook or lure breaks. Of course, it could actually be argued that the lure and hook [i]should[i] be lost if the line breaks, but it isn't so right now.

Yes, quite seriously. Unless the rest fell - perhaps into shallow water - and was lost that way. I actually posted because I wondered whether it was a bug or a feature.

As you can imagine, it discouraged me from fishing. If I go back to fishing, it'll be when I have a decent supply or hook and lure materials. And no more wasting good bones for a while - q10 chicken bones for me.
kobnach

Postby sabinati » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:07 am

you're gonna get terrible fish with a q10 hook man, i have tons of hooks i can trade you. message me on irc.
sabinati

Postby Reynolds » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:33 am

Does fishing have nothing to do with survival? I want a rod for terrible Q fish, and one for good quality. The first should be so bad the fish don't give FEP.
Reynolds

Previous

Return to Announcements