A Plea for Moderation

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: A Plea for Moderation

Postby jordancoles » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:51 am

I agree Borka censors me all the time

Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby HappyHarryHelpful » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:25 am

I made a legit thread, warning users about what to expect in this game, the stuff they don't tell you about in the PAQ or other places, and it was moved to Hel. I'm sorry if the words hurt you guys so deeply that you felt the need to hide the thread away like that, but it shouldn't give you the right to prevent legitimate users from knowing the information there.
HappyHarryHelpful

Postby TeckXKnight » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:33 am

I gather that you have a serious desire to soapbox. Don't spam every thread you go into with it, don't harass users around the forum because of it, and keep the quality of the thread at least somewhat readable. I saw your thread earlier in the day and it looked like just another qq thread, so I moved it to the Inn because it wasn't really in-game politics. From there you had a flamewar with anyone who would respond to you and eventually just went off topic entirely.

This has nothing to do with wanting to create a conspiracy about the game and everything with you needing to stop playing the victim.
TeckXKnight

Postby HappyHarryHelpful » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:43 am

Nobody's trying to play the victim here, I explained myself and the situation that happened, responded in kind to anybody who responded to me. It's not my fault the people were so upset and belligerent, they had all the opportunity in the world to just go back to playing the game and ignore me, they didn't.

I wanted to talk about the bugs encounted, the frustrations I had with the game, is that not what an Alpha stage game is for: people testing the issues to help fix the final product. As for the quality of the posts, I responded in kind, meaning with the same vitriol and contempt they used with me. My apologies if this has shaken your moral core.

Nobody's talking conspiracy, some one moved my post cause they didn't like the content, classic censorship if you asked me.
HappyHarryHelpful

Postby Tonkyhonk » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:44 am

HappyHarryHelpful wrote:It's not my fault the people were so upset and belligerent

people werent upset, you got upset.

HappyHarryHelpful wrote:not what an Alpha stage game is for: people testing the issues to help fix the final product.

these devs arent planning to make a final product.

HappyHarryHelpful wrote:some one moved my post cause they didn't like the content, classic censorship if you asked me.

classic shit post if you asked me.
Tonkyhonk

Postby HappyHarryHelpful » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:56 am

Are you part of the development team, or a moderator, or even involved in this dicussion? Pretty sure the content of Hel has more bearing than your little 3 point response of patchwork sentences. Thanks for playing though.
HappyHarryHelpful

Postby Tonkyhonk » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:34 am

lol ofc im just rubbernecking here. so whats your goal of your plea? you want to continue posting here when you are quitting the game?
Tonkyhonk

Postby HappyHarryHelpful » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:02 am

All this was noted in my original post. I'll save you the time and summarize: My thread had good advice for people, stuff they just won't hear elsewhere, I think it should be put back.
HappyHarryHelpful

Postby DDDsDD999 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:19 am

No.
DDDsDD999

Postby borka » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:26 am

No - there's no good advice in it - just false assumptions and bragging ... thus the whole thing just turned into a real lame flame war as you also happened to catch the right people for such ...

Guess you need some advice first about how this forum is working - learn a bit what is posted where - who is who - and mainly: a bunch of players invest their time in making custom clients, graphic mods, set up and maintain the RoB Wiki, set up and maintain a World map, tutorials, answer questions and you're just coming after a month being around and blame them for it ... gratz on that!

You see where you took the wrong turn?
There are discussions about that it's not easy for new players to get a stand in HnH - there are discussions about bot using - there is a huge thread about setting up Enders and it's huge because people nowadays want to do stuff on their machines immediatly but aren't even interested to be able to handle the basics - it's like thinking "oh i just have to turn the key in this Lamborghini and then i go with 200 mph vrooom - oops why is the neighbours trashcan just standing there?!?"
Java 8 - manually downloads - good to check for actual versions url here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40331
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head Feed your head
borka

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements