A Plea for Moderation

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: A Plea for Moderation

Postby Amanda44 » Tue May 26, 2015 12:20 am

loftar wrote:I decided to dub Kaios moderator since we've been discussing moderation on some occasions, I don't hate his reasoning, and it is sometimes gainful to moderation to have more minds on the matter. Please keep his sanity of mind in your prayers. :)

Oh Wow! Good call! :)

Congratulations Kaios! :D
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby DDDsDD999 » Tue May 26, 2015 12:30 am

loftar wrote:I decided to dub Kaios moderator since we've been discussing moderation on some occasions, I don't hate his reasoning, and it is sometimes gainful to moderation to have more minds on the matter. Please keep his sanity of mind in your prayers. :)

DDDsDD999

Postby sshkey » Tue May 26, 2015 12:32 am

Kaios wrote:
sshkey wrote:EH ok, but, my first post say HB (happy birtdhay?) to Arcanist with a very pretty image. :| how that not is wish a Arcanist a happy birthday? or i am losing something?, i write the spoiler words, for the posibility to be banned for write in that thread, and Mikey post was totally stupid, and i respond like him. just that.

Sorry I just assumed the entire post was a cover for sneaking the "fuck all mods" in there. Either way you have admitted yourself that you knew you could be banned for it so I feel I am being fair. Your other choice is to wait out the remainder of your current ban.

if is my ban legit, i can wait, but tbh i dont consider it legit, is more like a disband of ban
sshkey

Postby loftar » Tue May 26, 2015 12:34 am

DDDsDD999 wrote:http://i.imgur.com/BKSelm2.jpg

I have no idea what that would mean in this context.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby borka » Tue May 26, 2015 12:41 am

He wants to wake up and be president ;)

Or he considers mods to be like presidents and thinks Kaios has to wake up and see how moderating is ?!?
borka

Postby Patchouli_Knowledge » Tue May 26, 2015 1:16 am

This was probably the biggest issue so far as it seems to have occurred suddenly. There should have been a rule in regards to this a while back although the matter hasn't really arrived until with the recent "please ban this idiot" trend in which there needs to be a stopping point. However, there are a few issues that has arisen with the following bans that follows it. The first is because we really hadn't had any prior warnings in regards to backseat modding, no warning, no verbal reminder, a sudden 7 day boot to the head. Looking back at the previous post, I haven't really found any consecutive rule issues with spawningmink and infectedking and was wondering why they were issued a 7 day ban so quickly.

Now admitted I hadn't seen the issue with this until someone remarked to me that it may seem unfair to give out a ban for a reason that was never issues before which was sudden and especially in the light that Teck had mention that it was frowned upon which implies that it was more of an etiquette issue rather than a rule. In honestly, I should have spoken out earlier of this issues to the moderators but I was doubtful whether this is the correct way or not and which I apologize for not doing so and I thank Kaios for putting down another perspective in the issue.

There is a reason why I am rather regretful of my inactions. In shows the flaws that i possess and in which I need to improve myself upon. Why is this important? I am one of the moderators in the Inn of Brodgar Skype chatroom and whatever fault that I possess in the forum in regards to this issue may carry onto my performance in the chatroom. This why I feel that I should have done more about this but instead my response may be easily interpreted as being in complete agreement to the moderation actions.
-=The law of inverse desire=- The chances of dropping what you want is the reciprocal of how much you want it.
Patchouli_Knowledge

Postby Kaios » Tue May 26, 2015 1:24 am

What a heartwarming post, it has caused my small heart to grow three sizes and thus have unbanned windmaker.

Please keep in mind that any future backseat moderation will be actioned appropriately now that we have all been made aware of the rule. Use the report function.
Kaios

Postby windmaker » Tue May 26, 2015 1:31 am

Kaios wrote:What a heartwarming post, it has caused my small heart to grow three sizes and thus have unbanned windmaker.

Please keep in mind that any future backseat moderation will be actioned appropriately now that we have all been made aware of the rule. Use the report function.

lol. but seriusly "backseat moderation" need be punished with 7 days ban, that need be meditated at least just 1 day ban :| is very silly 7 days for nothing with importance.

also thanks.
Image #swag
windmaker

Postby Patchouli_Knowledge » Tue May 26, 2015 1:47 am

Actually it in generally against the rule in other forums and the main reason why I disagree with it being 7 reason previous is because we never really established a public standard before (although I think one of them should have been reprimanded due to being a "+1" post though, not for backseat modding).
-=The law of inverse desire=- The chances of dropping what you want is the reciprocal of how much you want it.
Patchouli_Knowledge

Postby Arcanist » Tue May 26, 2015 5:29 am

If you want windmaker to stop backseat modding, then make him the driver.

windmakur 4 mod 2015
Arcanist

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements