Game Development: Vending Stand

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Vending Stand

Postby theTrav » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:54 am

Delamore seems to be making the fairly odd claim that the villages were put down as an extremely elaborate and effort heavy heist, as opposed to a dick more area control type grief act.

Who knows what their real motives are, the end result is a lot of peoples effort in setting up those stalls was denied by a few inconsiderate players and there was no in game way of fixing it.

J&L have done plenty of in game policing in the past, mostly just based on their own whims, I don't see how this is terribly different, nor do I have a particular problem with it.

Before you ask, sure, if he decided to delete Brodgar's charter stone I'd be a bit annoyed maybe cry on the forums a bit, but at the end of the day it's not my game, it's theirs.

P.S. please don't delete the charter stone, just remove RoB teleport, it's not needed anymore!
theTrav

Postby Potjeh » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:57 am

Effing no! Not until you guys make some god damned crossroads at RoB. I'd always have to carry a boat for miles because your crossroads are in the middle of nowhere. Is it really that much effort to do it? Or do you have some reason not to? I mean, I asked you like 20-30 times already, and the crossroads still ain't there.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby warrri » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:44 am

Potjeh wrote:That was before the latest update, check the OP edit.

Yes, the latest update, which was AFTER the village was built, your argument is completely invalid.
The world I love The tears I drop To be part of The wave can't stop
Ever wonder if it's all for you
The world I love The trains I hop To be part of The wave can't stop
Come and tell me when it's time to
warrri

Postby Potjeh » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:46 am

I thought it was before. I was at the marketplace a couple of hours before the update and there was no village. Then, an hour or so after the update, I went there and the idol was up. Can't blame me for making the wrong assumption with the knowledge I had.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby warrri » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:03 am

theTrav wrote:Delamore seems to be making the fairly odd claim that the villages were put down as an extremely elaborate and effort heavy heist, as opposed to a dick more area control type grief act.

Who knows what their real motives are, the end result is a lot of peoples effort in setting up those stalls was denied by a few inconsiderate players and there was no in game way of fixing it.

J&L have done plenty of in game policing in the past, mostly just based on their own whims, I don't see how this is terribly different, nor do I have a particular problem with it.

Before you ask, sure, if he decided to delete Brodgar's charter stone I'd be a bit annoyed maybe cry on the forums a bit, but at the end of the day it's not my game, it's theirs.

P.S. please don't delete the charter stone, just remove RoB teleport, it's not needed anymore!

How was it denied after the latest patch? Since you can walk on village land and the stall is yours no matter what there was no reason to delete the village.
It may be true that theyve done much ingame policing, but they are severely biased at this. Take the charterstone for example, it has no use at all(right now) yet it forces me to move this 30seconds east or west to trade with someone, isnt that griefing?
Also, claiming other peoples possessions is part of the game,this marketplace was just a jackpot (or not with all the crap in the stalls lol).

And i'd say the effort of putting up the idol and 4 statues is greater than all of the q10 stalls there combined.

Removing the RoB would sure kill the last bit of trading happening here and then. Even Jorb has to fucking admit that when he traded EVERYThing there is in this game he didnt use crossroads but teleport to rob. They may be a nice thing but yet again they give away anonymity and security.
warrri

Postby Potjeh » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:13 am

The village was preventing construction of new stalls. Also, stop whining, if devs decide to delete your account they have every right to, and complaints won't do you any good. So what if you've lost a couple of soldier's swords?
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby warrri » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:16 am

Potjeh wrote:The village was preventing construction of new stalls. Also, stop whining, if devs decide to delete your account they have every right to, and complaints won't do you any good. So what if you've lost a couple of soldier's swords?

How so? there is plenty of space west of the rob, south of the rob, and if the rarely used GEA would be deleted(which claims 1/4 of the starting area so to say and prevents from building there) there would be all the space everyone would ever need to build stalls.

The intention was to sell lots for market stalls btw :)
warrri

Postby Potjeh » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:22 am

The difference is that this claim was taking over the established market area. Business is all about location, and locations outside the established marketplace are inferior.

And if you really wanted to run a market, that's a completely wrong way to go about it. Such a hostile takeover doesn't exactly inspire trust, and without trust there's no contracts. What would be reasonable is building a new marketplace, complete with stalls, and then renting out these stalls on a weekly basis, and providing law enforcement services at this marketplace. I wouldn't be opposed to paying a reasonable sum for renting a stall with these benefits.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby warrri » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:23 am

Question: Since getting items without paying counts as theft no matter on what land the market is, claims are no longer needed, but what if the market is on unclaimed land and someone wants to destroy it, will it leave vandalism scents?
warrri

Postby theTrav » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:06 am

Warri, if you and the wayneville folks really want to fuck up the traders so much maybe just give the devs a heads up and they won't assume you're just exploiting currently poor game mechanics (or maybe they will assume that and maybe it's what you're doing, I don't know)
theTrav

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements