Game Development: Vending Stand

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Vending Stand

Postby sikgamer » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:11 am

Well, you could maybe use the vending stand to get information about what people set prices for with items, then eventually add a system where you can sell items to the stand for those prices.
sikgamer

Postby Avu » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:15 am

So anyone who built this yet can say what storage they got at what quality?
"Since all men count themselves righteous, and since
no righteous man raises his hand against the innocent,
a man need only strike another to make him evil."
Avu

Postby RaptorJedi » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:27 am

Mine has room for five different items, 22 slots total, and I used QL 35 boards, 10 QL blocks, and 9-15 QL linen. It's not all that great really.
<Megagun> FOx
RaptorJedi

Postby theTrav » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:43 am

Eew, autoshops... Not a fan of this mechanic at all, hopefully no one is foolish enough to build one in brodgar.

QUESTIONS:

If you build one in a village, it's open to all member of that village correct?

If you build one on a claim within a village, is it still open to all members of the village? Or just the builder and the claimer?
theTrav

Postby Delamore » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:47 am

Why do people not seem to grasp that the autoshop does not make shopping faster?
Imagine I want a steel sword? so I have to figure out where a steel sword is for sale out of all the villages... all over the map.
How would I get this info? best bet is someone in the village (At this point they could have just met me somewhere and traded) or ask around and hope someone else has been there.
Now I have to get all the way to this town to trade for it.
It takes just as long if not longer to use autoshops than trading in person.
Delamore

Postby RaptorJedi » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:53 am

I had an idea of someone using alts to build a village idol for placing down vendoring stands in that had a link from every town in game leading to it (but not back), so that way if people wanted to trade they could just teleport there and drop stuff off or see what's around.
<Megagun> FOx
RaptorJedi

Postby Delamore » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:54 am

RaptorJedi wrote:I had an idea of someone using alts to build a village idol for placing down vendoring stands in that had a link from every town in game leading to it (but not back), so that way if people wanted to trade they could just teleport there and drop stuff off or see what's around.

You're still having to go through tons of stands, oh and I hope you didn't want to trade anything actually worth something cause that will be gone the moment someone sees it and just runs off with it.
Delamore

Postby lordrio » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:58 am

brodgar should build tons of those, i would rent one of those to sell my crappy baked goods. 10% of profits goes to brodgar as rent and not stealing the stuff. since brodgar is where everyone meet, its much more reasonable to make those in one place. Hermits suffer the most, since no one can get to their place except by foot. Coins? come on. Its a pain in the a$$ for me to get only 1 bar of metal, coin? Make it easy to turn bar into coin and coin into bar, then this update will be more usable.

Brodgar shopping mall. meh
lordrio

Postby swebonny » Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:37 pm

Really awesome, I always wanted such a thing. No doubt it might not be used much, but still really really cool.
swebonny

Postby Yuki » Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:44 pm

Thanks, J&L, you've made trading that much easier!

Fuck.

There's so much other shit you could be working on, we don't need this right now.
Yuki

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements