Game Development: Vending Stand

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Vending Stand

Postby loftar » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:51 pm

sabinati wrote:but now, the legitimate owners of the stalls would as well, correct?

Nope. :)
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby sabinati » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:58 pm

that's good then
sabinati

Postby Errol » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:34 pm

So, this is essentially pointless until he starts revoking privileges?
Errol

Postby loftar » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:37 pm

I actually intervened and removed the village. I'm not sure if I should have done it, but it was such obvious griefing anyway.

This mode of griefing will have to be dealt with, of course. Probably via village warfare and probably some other mechanism.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Cain » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:53 pm

loftar wrote:I actually intervened and removed the village. I'm not sure if I should have done it, but it was such obvious griefing anyway.

This mode of griefing will have to be dealt with, of course. Probably via village warfare and probably some other mechanism.

While obviously you shouldn't have to (or be able to) police the hearthlands, since we can't currently do anything to get rid of an offending village your intervention is necessary and greatly appreciated.

In my view, griefing is the worst offense possible, as there is no motive other than inflicting pain/damage on others.
I once dreamt of crafting beautiful thane's rings... then I discovered Big Bear Bangers. Now I smash beautiful things.
Cain

Postby kimya » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:50 pm

yeah, it was right to delete the village. if we could have done anything against it, it wouldve been something else
kimya

Postby Delamore » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:35 am

Cain wrote:
loftar wrote:I actually intervened and removed the village. I'm not sure if I should have done it, but it was such obvious griefing anyway.

While obviously you shouldn't have to (or be able to) police the hearthlands, since we can't currently do anything to get rid of an offending village your intervention is necessary and greatly appreciated.

In my view, griefing is the worst offense possible, as there is no motive other than inflicting pain/damage on others.

Yeah they totally didn't want to steal the stuff from your stalls, I mean man that could never be it.
Delamore

Postby Potjeh » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:38 am

They couldn't have done it. Destroying stalls destroys the goods in them. Taking from them leaves theft, even if you remove the claims.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby Delamore » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:39 am

Potjeh wrote:They couldn't have done it. Destroying stalls destroys the goods in them. Taking from them leaves theft, even if you remove the claims.

That sounds odd, Brodgar said that anyone could take from stalls on Brodgar land.
Delamore

Postby Potjeh » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:40 am

That was before the latest update, check the OP edit.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements