The Ghost of Christmas Future

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: The Ghost of Christmas Future

Postby Arcanist » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:02 am

Arcanist

Postby Jesus_Smith_Nandez » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:13 am

Man, my posts sure are constructive
HnH Videos
God bless
Jesus_Smith_Nandez

Postby Massa » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:24 am

So what if people don't like Hafen and everyone keeps playing haven, making Hafen dead and Haven significantly more active?
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby Kathdys » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:48 am

The answer to that is pretty obvious, isn't it? But why do you want to know?
Kathdys

Postby Massa » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:02 am

Will they keep working on Hafen or let it die like they let Salem die?
Will they return to Haven?
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby Bob_the_Cat » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:06 am

Unless hafen failed horribly, they would probobly take haven down once hafen is out of alpha/beta stages. As haven gets older with no updates and lots of flawed systems its only going to get less players.
Bob_the_Cat

Postby Massa » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:11 am

Bob_the_Cat wrote:Unless hafen failed horribly, they would probobly take haven down once hafen is out of alpha/beta stages. As haven gets older with no updates and lots of flawed systems its only going to get less players.

This is wrong.
People like the bugs. Without them, some of the bugs that are crucial to the entire game it would be unplayable.
Try playing without the fuel or leather bugs, or every other little trick in this silly game.

People play haven because they like it, they fell in love with it at some point. Personally, and a lot of people can agree, I fell in love with Jorb's art.
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby Resture » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:23 am

You on drugs? Hafen will be amazing. I can't wait.
Resture

Postby Kathdys » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:31 am

Are you serious? I play without the fuel or leather bugs all the time. It's actually easier and more fun to play without them. To use the fuel bug you need to use a timer, and to use the leather bug you have to move the tanning tubs at least twice after preparing them. Not using the leather bug requires waiting a few hours. Not using the fuel bug requires collecting more branches. Either of these is less difficult than tying shoelaces.

It's not just those, either, I generally find the game to be more fun and less of a chore when I'm not cheating than when I am... and more often than not it takes more effort to use exploits, not less. When they do save effort, the amount tends to be negligible, or there's some simple substitute or workaround. They mostly just cut down on the amount of time required.

Anyway, you've summed it up, Massa. The devs willl choose what to continue working on based on what they feel like working on, which may or may not be connected to what any one group of people wants them to work on. That's how indie game development always goes, almost by definition.

@Bob_the_cat, remember that Haven, itself, is an alpha, thus its 'players' are volunteer alpha testers, though we're not strictly required to file bug reports (which is great, because I can't figure out how to use the bugtracker.) So it's not a situation where they need a large playerbase, it's more a situation where they're merely tolerating one.

It's going to be a really, really long time until Hafen is 'out of alpha and beta stages', and I'm guessing it will be 'released'... for alpha testing, when it's out of pre-alpha. A full-featured beta is a long, long way away.
Kathdys

Postby Massa » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:35 am

Resture wrote:You on drugs? Hafen will be amazing. I can't wait.

it looks like poos
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements