Game Development: Musical Chair

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Musical Chair

Postby Potjeh » Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:42 pm

Not bad, but I'd still like shortcuts for drawing the best and the worst item from the stack, so I don't have to go through the container-like interface every time. Plus, it'd make planting 10x easier.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby Lightning4 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:48 pm

Frelock wrote:
Laremere wrote:Also, what do chairs do?

I've heard that they restore your stamina more quickly, without as much of a hunger penalty as water(though it's still slower than water). I haven't tested this for myself, though.

It's true. It does cost "extra" hunger, but I think that's only equivalent to the hunger you would have lost for that stamina gain. Won't match high QL water but it's a nifty addition nonetheless.
Lightning4

Postby Potjeh » Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:50 pm

Are chairs durable enough to be kept outside? I'm thinking about placing some chairs by my field, to catch a breath when I run out of stamina.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby Jackard » Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:55 pm

Potjeh wrote:Not bad, but I'd still like shortcuts for drawing the best and the worst item from the stack, so I don't have to go through the container-like interface every time. Plus, it'd make planting 10x easier.

That would help more if you could use radial menu numbers on items in the same manner as objects. But I'll add those.
Jackard

Postby Raephire » Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:57 pm

If you want more storage that isn't moveable, why not a real vault? Basically just a hatch in the ground that you dig out for storage?

People used to dig these into the perma-frost to store food, It acted as a natural refrigerator.
Raephire

Postby bajuba » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:12 pm

Delamore wrote:
But mostly this.
Make it so crates cannot be picked up, and require a stupid amount of materials.
There would be no upside to crates aside from removal of the multiple container tedium, possibly space but you could easily have them take multiple tiles up.
There every single reason the crate would be good is gone aside from removal of multi container tedium.

This would at least make it that much harder for goons to steal every goddamn item we had.
Was Lawspeaker of Macomb in W2.
bajuba

Postby Cassial » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:18 pm

Do chairs "rotate" like cupboards do?

Edit: I do like the rotating thing. If this could be applied to more objects, many Hearthlings would rejoice.
Last edited by Cassial on Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cassial

Postby Potjeh » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:28 pm

Yes, but they rotate backwards, ie the back of the chair will face you when you put it down.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby Delamore » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:31 pm

Raephire wrote:If you want more storage that isn't moveable, why not a real vault? Basically just a hatch in the ground that you dig out for storage?

People used to dig these into the perma-frost to store food, It acted as a natural refrigerator.

Unable to move isn't something I'm after, it's added as a downside to hopefully convince the devs to add god damn larger containers worth a damn.
The storage problem is terrible in large towns, and the fix is so simple that having it ignored is really annoying.
Delamore

Postby Frelock » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:50 pm

You know, a cabin filled with cabinets meets all your requirements:
1.Can't move.
2.Crazy amount of resources to build.
3.Crazy amount of storage.

Sure, you can't see the whole thing at once, but if your storage problems are that bad, you can probably fill a whole cabin with one type of object. Put a runestone in front labeling the cabin "Bear Meat" or whatever.
Frelock

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements