Game Development: Musical Chair

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Musical Chair

Postby Potjeh » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:49 pm

Click modifiers? Alt pulls out best item, alt gr worst, unmodified click pulls out items in the order they were put in.

Yeah, I hate those exact key bindings myself, but we're running out of hotkeys here.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby jorb » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:09 pm

Laremere wrote:Also, man up guys. You got a giant piece of storage, but it comes at the price of having to be outside. Build a stone mansion and fill it up with rows, and you'll have a crazy amount of storage. If this isn't big enough for your giant settlement, just build another mansion. If you have enough people that you need that much storage, you have enough people to pull this off.

This.

Potjeh wrote:Also, tried hunting with a boat loaded with a grinder and a cupboard? I thought chest & grinder is good, but man, cupboard is a real monster. You can fit half a supergrid worth of animals in one of those babies.

A bit of that.

The only problem with cupboards is that they're too good. I don't think I'll build a chest ever again.

But mostly this.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby nutsnmango » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:16 pm

I'm sorry but I don't think you should be able to put cupboards in boats. NaoWhut is now running around carrying 2 cupboards i nher little canoe while she hunts, and I just can't keep up the suspension of disbeleif at this point. cupboards DO NOT fit in boats!
nutsnmango

Postby Delamore » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:17 pm

jorb wrote:
Laremere wrote:Also, man up guys. You got a giant piece of storage, but it comes at the price of having to be outside. Build a stone mansion and fill it up with rows, and you'll have a crazy amount of storage. If this isn't big enough for your giant settlement, just build another mansion. If you have enough people that you need that much storage, you have enough people to pull this off.

This.

Potjeh wrote:Also, tried hunting with a boat loaded with a grinder and a cupboard? I thought chest & grinder is good, but man, cupboard is a real monster. You can fit half a supergrid worth of animals in one of those babies.

A bit of that.

The only problem with cupboards is that they're too good. I don't think I'll build a chest ever again.

But mostly this.

Make it so crates cannot be picked up, and require a stupid amount of materials.
There would be no upside to crates aside from removal of the multiple container tedium, possibly space but you could easily have them take multiple tiles up.
There every single reason the crate would be good is gone aside from removal of multi container tedium.
Delamore

Postby Loopoo » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:18 pm

I think cupboards are great. I just moved all my chests outside, and I have all my cupboards inside :) It's amazing.

Thanks Jorb :D
Loopoo

Postby sabinati » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:19 pm

Delamore wrote:
kimya wrote:
sabinati wrote: or stackability for some kinds of items.

thats what we really need, isnt it? the cupboards are cool, but once we have stackable items the storage problem will be solved as far as it can be.

How would being able to stack items work when every item has a differing QL value?

while there are often items of different quality, there are just as often, if not more often, items of the same quality. bear gives a stack of 4 intestines, 8 meat, 10 bones, and 4 teeth. a different bear may or may not give the same quality of item, if it does, the items stack (up to a reasonable limit, of course). obviously stacking shouldn't happen for every item, so maybe bear was a poor example, i don't know. but why not stack things like seeds, or flour, or intestines, or fucking keys, fucking keys, fucking keys?
sabinati

Postby Cassial » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:20 pm

So, I read that the cupboards are "rotatable" depending on what direction you're facing when you place it... Are chairs the same?
Cassial

Postby sabinati » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:21 pm

Delamore wrote:
jorb wrote:

This.

A bit of that.

But mostly this.

Make it so crates cannot be picked up, and require a stupid amount of materials.
There would be no upside to crates aside from removal of the multiple container tedium, possibly space but you could easily have them take multiple tiles up.
There every single reason the crate would be good is gone aside from removal of multi container tedium.

at that point it's a shed or something. which is fine by me.
sabinati

Postby Delamore » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:24 pm

sabinati wrote:at that point it's a shed or something. which is fine by me.

Crates were just used as the simplest example in hopes that they would be added soon.
Delamore

Postby nutsnmango » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:30 pm

I'll be happy if J&L make it so you can't put cupboards in boats. I think thats their one major problem, that they fit in boats
nutsnmango

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements